Missouri gathering 2017

Discussion in 'CATFISH GATHERINGS' started by Wanda BARNER, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Wanda BARNER

Wanda BARNER Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Wanda
    Lake up to 726 today and still not dumping any water, so if you are needing them to be running water during the gathering I think they will still have plenty to dump. Also I am going to say that it will be dry this year for the 19 ,20 and 21 of May. It just can not rain ever year we hold this. It will be a good time. Come join us, even if only for the supper and drawing Saturday at 5:00 P.M.

2. medford

medford New Member

State:
    pleasant h
    mite try and drop by for a bit this year :)

3. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    It would be good to see you again Steve. Swing by and shoot the bull a little.

4. Wanda BARNER

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Wanda
    Rusty, I checked the plate ,cup, and fork supply for the supper. Looks like we had a good supply left. Also found your plate ,I think. Was it the one that looked like it was over loaded then licked clean? If so you are good to go, but you may need new side boards, for the plate, I did not see yours. I know we will have plenty of supplies and food and fixens. What we will need is mouths to feed. All are welcome to come eat. Also could not fine the bull horn for the MC so I guess we need some load mouth to announce the prizes. Any volunteers?

5. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Yep that would be mine wanda the one that sags in the middle from Ron's green beans and your friendship bread not saying anything about Showme's Crappy.......WOW making me hungry. I have the sideboards with me. I seen you eyeing them last year was afraid you would loose them befor this year and they would end up on your plate.
    Yep. I hope this year is as good of fishing as it sounds like its gonna be. They are running 3 units (I hope) till after the gathering. That will fore sure bring the big boys to town!!!! See you all soon. O are you saying that I have a big mouth?????

6. jnordyke

jnordyke Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    John
    I'll get there on the 17th, and have seating for up to 3 more in the boat.

7. Wanda BARNER

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Wanda
    Too much water? I do not know. They could slow the flow a little for us and make it last longer. When the run 40,000 cfs that is fast current. I have always thought it was the steady flow not the on and off that had more that affect on the fish than the amount. Any way they have steady flow , its just fast, and should be through the gathering.

8. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Sounds good Wanda. We will be heading down tomorrow. I don't think I have ever fished it while they were letting out this much water. Hope to see you some this week. Are you still going out to camp on friday?

Wanda BARNER likes this.
  9. Wanda BARNER

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Wanda
    Well guess I was wrong again. Looked at the weather for next week, looks good till Wed. then storms Thus. and Friday, Saturday it might rain. I am still going with no rain Sat. so come on out to the 5: P. M. feeding if you can . We plan on being at the camp grounds Thus. Looks like it will be pretty lonely there this year. Did see Robert and Melinda fishing this week and they plan on being there Sat.

10. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Has anyone discussed making this later in the year, after the Spring Rains?

11. Wanda BARNER

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Wanda
    Who can make it? Darryl, I guess not. It probably would be the simplest solution, don't even know who is the leader of this any more. Its kind of fell apart, and the weather has sure not helped. Just trying to get an idea who might make the meal Sat. Could all please post if you plan on making it. Please show up if you can make it, all are welcome.

12. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    We will make it. Calling for rain but hey, you never know.

13. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Melinda and I will be there. It'll be great to see everyone. Our camper is in Pecan Grove, so we'll be staying there. We will be bringing a couple of guest, Michael & Missy, who love to catfish.

14. Wanda BARNER

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Wanda
    Well we had 13 attend the Saturday meal. We did have to get other campers from the camp ground to boost the crowd , but it was a good time for all. We had fresh caught catfish deep fried to perfection by Rusty, and all the other fried fixens you could think of. Then there was all the healthy stuff like salad , vegetables, and other good for you stuff. Then if you were not concerned about your health by now you could of runt your body with cake , cookies , pie, home made bread with cow salve butter and other things that clog up your arteries . All and all I think we had enough food left over to feed about 25 more people with a hollow leg. Then when it came time for the loud person to call out the door prizes , he had to go through the names two and a half time to get rid of nice fishing items, I got a nice bait knife a good selection of hooks and a spool of mono line.
    We have decided to try having this one more year . I think a group page has been started on face book to keep in touch with news about date and location for this next year. If you think you might be interested in attending next year please join this page.
    The weather did do us good for the meal as predicted. If you were into catching fish it was great, hard to keep bait in the water with the eating size fish very active.

brucec, Rusty, dougc and 3 others like this.
  15. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Thanks Wanda. It was a lot of fun as usual. Who was that loud mouth you was talking about ? I would like to meet him, sound like my kinda guy.

16. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Between the 'two' of you Rusty I don't think EITHER of you guys could get a word in edgewise!

Rusty, Wanda BARNER and jdstraka like this.
  17. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Skip you wouldn't know me. I have quitted down so much you could only know I was at that tournament for 1 mile now.

SkipEye likes this.
  18. Veets

Veets Member

State:
    Illinois
    would love to make this gathering but you always have it the same time as an annual Wisconsin fishing trip I make with a few friends. Weekend after Mother's Day. We'll see what happens next year. Maybe we'll make a change or you will.

Rusty likes this.
  19. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Would love to have ya. We have it the same time every year.

20. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Hopefully school schedules will allow me to make it next year. I really miss getting to go.