missouri fisherman in louisiana

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by catsblameme, May 29, 2009.

1. catsblameme

catsblameme New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey my name is Justin. I am not sure if anyone in or around New Orleans would like to take out a Missouri River atfisherman on the Mississippi River but if so PLEASE contact me!
    I will be there from Wednesday June 3rd through June 6th. and would love to do some fishing!
    Also interested in Salt Water fishing if anyone is into that.

Please contact me back on catfish 1 or email me at jar2mf@missouri.edu with any details and hopefully we can work something out!

Thanks,
    Justin

2. mullyden

mullyden New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge , L
    Cats-
    Hope you have a good visit to NO. We fish south of Baton Rouge, but will be out of town all next week, and part of the following week. Water is very high in the river right now, and I am uncomfortable with the current and extreme barge wakes at this time in any case.
    The high water does often provide some benefit though from fishing from the levee, particularly where the levee is normally far from the water but the higher level brings the river up to the levee. I see bank fishermen do really well during these times.
    In any case, have fun while down here.
    Take care.

3. catsblameme

catsblameme New Member

State:
    Missouri
    thanks for the response! i am sure i will figure some way to get a line in the water.
    got my rods packed and am hitting the road in t-minus 5 min!

cheers
    justin

4. mullyden

mullyden New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge , L
    Let us know how you do!