Missouri catfish - anyone catch some lately?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Old Dan, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Old Dan

Old Dan New Member

State:
    Newburg, Missouri
    Anyone here in Missouri nail-en any ol-hogs out of the lakes or rivers. I haven't been out since mid-late May and done well....Anyway looking forward to the feed back...:lol: .....:lol:

Old Dan
    Newburg, Missouri

2. turtle1173

turtle1173 New Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    Haven't caught any hogs since May. Had a couple over 20 lbs in June. Hoping to get into some soon now that the spawn is concluding here on the Mississippi.

Went out yesterday and caught 7. 3 - 7 lbers, 2 - 10 lbers, a 14 & a 17. The bigger ones were very beat up. But they were feeding, so I take that as a good sign of what's to come!

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Haven't been having much luck,anyway Welcome to the BOC. Just where is Newburg. What river you close to? Anyway :0a25:

4. Old Dan

Old Dan New Member

State:
    Newburg, Missouri
    Nice looking Blue you got there Turtle. Must be one of Them Mississippi River Cats, I'm looking forward to catch.:big_smile:

5. Old Dan

Old Dan New Member

State:
    Newburg, Missouri
    Newburg is Near Rolla Mo. We have the Gasconade and the Big-Piny Rivers here. Fishing is real good at times.... THANKS FOR THE BOS WELCOME :lol: :lol:

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Its been real slow up around my parts. (Just south of St. Louis). Glad to hear the bite has been picking up down your way Shane. Sounds like the spawn ran a little longer this year. We havnt been able to buy a fish around here for 2 months. No big ones anyway. I've got a 200 hours of fishing in the last 3 months and have only boated one 15 pound fish. I sure hope this spawn wraps up soon. I would imagine we are only a couple days to a week behind you in water temp, so we should be getting real close. Gosh I hope so. Good Luck everyone. :cool2:

7. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Sounds like the bite is fixing to come on again!
    Oh happy days!

8. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    fishing on the missouri river here in KC has been painfully slow as well, but it does have its moments. Some friends of mine boated around 15 fish the other night with the biggest 33lbs

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thats great news Brad. :big_smile_2: :big_smile_2: :big_smile_2: :big_smile_2: :big_smile_2:

10. Old Dan

Old Dan New Member

State:
    Newburg, Missouri
    WOW LOOK AT ALL THE NICE BLUES EVERYONE HAS WITH THEIR PICS...:lol: ... My old Buck is starting to look kind of small...But that's what you get when you place a deer photo on a great fishing site:confused2:.... I cant wait to get one of those WORTHY TROPHY HOGS:big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

11. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Dan, those ol' big cats are playing hard to get here on Lake of the Ozarks also.:embarassed: But I have been trying to get them to loosin up...LOL....will let ya know when I start convincing them here at the lake.:wink: Keep postin Bro!:big_smile:

12. Old Dan

Old Dan New Member

State:
    Newburg, Missouri
    Thanks Itch2scratch I'm going to lake Ozark next week. Taking my Dad:big_smile: not to often I get to do that, Boy I miss those days.:angry:

13. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    My inlaws have a condo on the lake. I'll have to get down there sometime.

14. Supafox

Supafox New Member

State:
    Hannibal MO
    I fished yesterday down at north river by fabius chute.I started by the railraod bridge and worked my way down to the big river hitting log jams and holes on the way down.I caught several 3 and 4 pound channels and a bunch of small ones.Some of them still had big bellies.It was a pretty good time.Sometime I enjoy just taking a pole and hitting those small places like that.I need to get a canoe because boy it was a long way back.:smile2:

15. rideblue14

rideblue14 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i went to bull shoals lake on the arkansas/missouri border for a week over the forth and we had no luck at all.caught 2 4 lbers the werent hitting anything at all. hope everyone else is having better luck!!!!!!!!

16. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Dan. Thats a nice buck in your profile. Allways good to have new Missouri people on here.
    The fishing on Truman and LOZ have been slow with the spawn going on. I caught a 41 pound flat head a few weeks ago and haven't been able to land any thing big since. Have talked to several guys who are starting to pick up some big blues on there trout lines so things should start looking up soon.
    Good luck out there...

17. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    fishing has been very slow for me also. every thing ive caught has been small to very small. by the way nice rack. i hope to have a picture of a good fish up soon. good luck

18. DittmeRhino

DittmeRhino New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have been catching a good number of fish out of the Gasconade. Predominately channel cats, averaging about 1-3/4 lb. Nothing over 5 lb. since river was way up. Only one flathead!

19. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I've Been Out On The Missouri River Near Washington Mo A Few Times And Have Had Pretty Good Luck, Lost A Hog Though Right At The Boat!! I Went Over The Bridge Today And It Looks To Have Dropped A Bunch...if The Weather Is Nice This Weekend I Plan On Going Out!! I'll Keep Everyone Posted On The Results.

20. worm

worm New Member

State:
    missouri
    I cant complain about the last 3 weeks. I have caught 2 60 3 30 and lots of under 20. Get some skipy and keep the shad fresh or alive