Missouri Boys Invitation, by Kentucky Boys

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by DeerHunter01, Nov 15, 2007.

1. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ok lets see how many Missouri boys can get visa cards and get permission slips from there wifes to come eat and drink and catch skipjacks over here in old Kentucky State.

1. Make sure you got your permission slips prior to entering our State.

2. Make sure you don't wear your Pink colors into this nice State.

3. Make sure you fill up with Gas in your Vehicle and don't use that Moonshine your use to putting into your tanks

4. Please do not ride your lawn mowers here for this event it might get cold.

5. And last but not least if your Name is Cuz and you live in Missouri you might just be a red neck.

Here is the link for you boys and girls to come visit and find out more information.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64121

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Well now that there is just downright neighborly of you DH. After all the things THOSE OTHER GUYS SAID ABOUT YOU GUYS. I seem to have a problem planning that far ahead. Every time I plan something, something else comes up. But I am interested in doing it.

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    If I am available after my wife finds out, I'll be there.:smile2::smile2::smile2: Heck, maybe she'll even go along but she isn't much for cold weather.

4. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    :big_smile: (I'M ALL IN) :big_smile:

5. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Appreciate the invitation Eric, sounds like a hoot of a time with a bunch of BOC’ers getting together over some good food then catching some coveted bait the ole skipjack. Cuz made mention of the great vittles the pelican has so lets set the date, December is filling quick.
    Now DH (have to do a Cane Tuck Eeee thing that goes along with such an invitation), last time I was in Kentucky and stopped to enjoy some of the great food, kept getting interrupted by all the Kentucky women folk who came in, seems like every time they saw a dinner table they had to get up and dance on it. So was wonder’n if you could announce to the ladies if they could hold off a little till we’re done eating. Now imagine trying to get a guest speaker to follow that act.
    Back to the serious part now… I’m not familiar with the story behind “Uncle Sci-Fi” so could you help us understand the occasion this get together is dedicated to? Thank you again for your work, having this and bringing folks together who love this great sport of catfishing.

6. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Michael

Ol'e Sci-Fi was the main Staff member here on this board. He lived just outside Murray Kentucky, He had been mowing his grass one day and came inside the house to approve several member's on the board, and started having a heart attack. His wife got him to lay down on the couch and take an aspirin while she called the ambulance for him and while she was on the phone he had got up to approve members on the board and write a post to the Staff in the back room.

Quote: Guy's I think I am having a heart attack, love you all !!

When the ambulance arrived at his house he went into a like coma and never recovered from it he died about a week later in the hospital in Paducah, Kentucky.

He just acted and looked like every one's Uncle so I nicknamed him Uncle Sci-Fi and it caught on and everyone on the BOC called him that..lol

He was the oldest Staff member of the BOC and worked with alot of members here and was a great person, his love for catfish was big. He started this Kentucky get together several years ago at the same place we have it, so we just have always kept it going in remember him. And what he did for the BOC.

I attached a few pictures of him that I took at his house and with Bryan Shrum fishing on the Cumberland.

Attached Files:

7. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Thank you Eric for getting back on this and continuing on with what he started. Please do share this story at the get together… it’s awesome… Thank you brother

8. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It just goes to show that we all should appreciate the time that we spend here with each other. You just never know. Any given time it could be the last message from any one of us.

9. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    thanks for the story eric, Im looking forward to the get together also. I want to do my part to help keep his dream going. did we ever come up with a date?

10. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    The date is Saterday Jan 5th, 2008 at 8 am... I'll be leaving town about 4:30 the same as the last one.. If anyone needs a ride or wants to follow me down just let me know.. I like to froze to death trying to catch skippies in March...hehehe

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Is it JAN 5th, or DEC 5th? In the Ky Threads, DH mentions getting together in December. I'm confused, but thats all not that uncommon. :smile2:

Scratch the above message. I am no longer confused. January 5th it is. See yall there.

12. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    That's okay Cuz, we understand.. You got alot on you're plate right now so it's easy to get lost... Just remember c o n c e n t r a t e when you're in that plane... hehehe

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I certainly have a full plate. I'm in the middle of initial training of relearning to fly the Airbus A320, Working out Gateway Cats details, working on Leadstock, and Working on the March Tournament. I'll be glad when December 3rd gets here and I can get my Airbus checkride out of the way and start concentrating on the Club and the Tourney. Man, its gonna be nice to loosen up the load a little. Everything is hitting at once, but I'll get through it. Did Gary tell you we made you a bunch of weights the other night? We got plenty of 3,4,5,6 an 8 ounce No rolls made up. You just let us know which ones you prefer and well have ya some buddy. Thanks for the Lead Harold. We sincerely appreciate it.

14. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    No problem.. I'm working on more for leadfest.. Which will be after Uncle Sci Fi's I presume... Hey can we use leadfest to get the ball rolling on the club.. Kind of talk of things that really need to be worked out before the 1st official meeting..

15. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I really want to make this one but My wife will be recovering from surgey then And not sure if i'll be able to make it. It will all depend on how she feels!

I need skippys BAD!!!!

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Absolutely. That was the plan all along Harold. Leadfest will also serve as the first Gateway Cats meeting. Bring your ideas and your questions. I'll bring the coffee, Mrs Cuz's Chili and my ears. :wink:

17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Well keep her in our prayers Brad. Just tell her skipjacks are a known cure for pain and ailments and that its critical you get some for her. :wink:

18. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I'll try that angle but I have My doubts...LOL

Her surgery is on Dec 12 The Doc says She'll need 3-4 weeks to recover. So I might just get lucky

19. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Well if you cant make it Brad its certainly understandable. I'll throw you some in some dry ice and ship it out to you, so you'll be armed and dangerous come kitty time in the spring. :wink:

20. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    After you being underfoot for 2 to 3 weeks, she'll probably suggest you go so she can have some peace and quiet... hehehe.. She'll be in our prayers also..