Missouri BOC Kids

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by TeamWhiskers, May 12, 2007.

1. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Take a Kid Fishing! The Memories will last a Lifetime! Many of us have our “little fishing buddy” that we take with us as I think it is time for us to have a place dedicated for our Missouri BOC Kids.

Vince Copple
    TeamWhiskers

Spring 2003 Tyler.. Future BOC Member and TeamWhiskers

2. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Great post bro. My 9 year old son would love it. He spends a lot of time looking on here at the pics of the fish you all post.

3. tbones23

tbones23 New Member

State:
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Took my 5 year old son and 7 year old daughter out today bluegill fishing. My 7 year old caught the first gill of the day. My son fished a bit and then got bored so I let about a dozen crickets loose in the boat and that kept him busy for about 30 mins. Had them both fillin' the live well, runnin' the trolling motor, watchin' the fish finder to keep them busy. I only heard "I'm bored' once or twice then we'd find a new adventure. BTW, we also caught 1/2 dozen nice fat blue gills. Nice little mess of fish and a great memory!!

4. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Vince

Great call, I love it. This is a picture of my oldest with his first fish. He had caught a few with a little help last year but he caught this one all on his own. He thought he was hung on the bottom at first.The second is my youngest. He is the one that will fish in his sleep, kind of like his brother was as you can see.:big_smile:

Attached Files:

5. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    "the one that will fish in his sleep" You sure do not have to be young to do that one.. Many of the adult members are probably guilty of that one from time to time. The hardest part about kids and catfishing is the "I'm bored' routine as we all have several tricks up our sleeves to keep them occupied.

Let's hear more storys from the Show Me State..

6. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    My nephew's first fish...the full story is in my "help I'm cursed" post followup.

Attached Files:

7. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    Here my fucture catter. he still in training and little young ,but he doing a ok in my book.

8. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I have a 1 1/2 year old grandson that sit on my lap while I type and he wants to try out those 2 new rods beside my desk, they have his name on them.

9. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Here are a couple of photos of my kids and their catfish.

My daughter is currently 7 but the photo was taken drift fishing last summer on Truman lake. She caught more than her brother that day and makes sure to remind him of it at every opportunity.

My son is 9 and has been fishing with me since he was 4. This photo was taken last November on the Missouri River - we tried to find some blue cats for hours with no luck so I anchored behind a wing dyke and we started tearing up these little channel cats - he had a ball, couldn't keep both rods in the water. He's also the photographer that took my avatar photo.