Mississippi river

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by nlsw783, Aug 20, 2005.

1. nlsw783

nlsw783 New Member

State:
    Paragould, AR
    Anybody been fishing around osceola? I'm thinking bout heading over there in the morning.

2. Mooreboys

Mooreboys New Member

How about this 60 pounder caught by Jason Massingale on Sept 10, 2005. Good work Jason!
    Mooreboys

3. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    I heard sommers that there was a big flat caught just up river from osceola a few miles by a fella bank fishin. It was 60 pounds. That young fellas name is lookinforabiggun.

4. Mooreboys

Mooreboys New Member

I tried to post a picture of Massingale's big cat, but I guess I don't know how to get it done.
    Mooreboys

5. Mooreboys

Mooreboys New Member

Try picture one more time. Jason Massingale of Paragould with his 60 pounder caught near Osceola. Big cat was released alive and well.

Attached Files:

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    very nice fish jason we always need all the info on rod? rig used? bait used?

7. highwayman582004

highwayman582004 New Member

I fished the mississippi at Osceola about a month ago. The river was very low and fishing was slow. but good luck.

8. guthook

guthook New Member

State:
    Paragould AR
    we caught that fish in about 70ft of water behind a dike
    the boat was anchored in about 30ft of water
    frozen skipjack was the bait we were using
    hopefully we or someone can catch her next year after gaining a few pounds this winter.
    the water temp this weekend has dropped to 80 so maybe the bite will pick up

racing season is coming to an end so maybe those moore boys will be posting a BIGGUN pic soon

its just a matter of time

9. Mooreboys

Mooreboys New Member

Since we lost a flywheel a week or so back and the replacement hasn't arrived, we headed for the river Sunday afternoon. Never saw river so low. Fished the same area the "Big One" came out of. Super, super slow
    on the bite. Nothing special, just a few nibblers. Maybe Guthook will guide us next time. I am still amazed at that fish. I know there are bigger ones, but that is plenty big in my book. 09/18/2005

10. Mooreboys

Mooreboys New Member

Fished with guthook Wednesday. Got a 8, 9, 12, 22 and a 32 on fresh skipjack. Fishing with guthook is like fishing with a guide. Thanks guthook for the good time.

11. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Moorboys and Guthook, Take some pictures, we would love to see picture of your catch. :D

12. Mooreboys

Mooreboys New Member

guthook has the pictures on his digital camera, maybe he can post some of them when he has time. Mooreboys went back the following Friday and caught one channel @ about 6lbs. Only fish of the day.

13. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Moorboys What type bait and rig was you using to catch the big cats. Give all the info, this info will be used when we,as members of this fine site get a chance to fish the same areas as you . :D

14. guthook

guthook New Member

State:
    Paragould AR
    Thanks for the compliment Moore boys, but don't forget to mention the "not so good" trips we've had before.

I'm having problems reducing the pics to post them. Hope to figure it out.

Fished the weekend in the same area with poor results. My pride has me blaming it on the big fall in level. But i've wonder how does a fish that is 40ft deep notice a 2ft fall??

15. Mooreboys

Mooreboys New Member

Got in late from races at Newport. Jason went out in the
    6.50 class after 4 rounds, he went 5 rounds in the 8.0 before brother Jake put him out of that class. Jake went on to the final round and won the 8.0 class....that said we are going to the big muddy tomorrow to try our luck at the 60lb dike string. We be hoping on some fresh skipjack, but taking frozen just in case. Let you know how it went.
    Mooreboys

16. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Little Mac my fishing went camping this weekend, on the Mississippi river. He and coach were fishing a wing dyke and he ripped into a 60 pounder. He was to excited to tell me what type it was but I am sure it was a blue. Pictures will be coming in a couple of days. Sure wish I could have made the trip with them.

17. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    congrats Guthook, Thats a nice hawg. Feels good dont it!. I caught one this weekend also off a rock dike in 70ft of water much like yours, seems to be the ticket for those bigguns. I posted the story over on the mississippi thread. I sure want to get back out there and try it again soon. Congrats again. Mac

18. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I had to pass up a fishing/camping trip on the Mississippi river. Coach,Mac and Tinboat will try for another hog this week-end DEC thru DEC. I really wanted to make this trip but realized I had a doctors appointment on Friday. My blood pressure have been a little high and the doctor is working to get it back to normal. I wish my partners the best of luck and be safe out there! :sad:

19. crane

crane New Member

State:
    Paragould, AR
    I hate to hear the bad news Top. :sad: I'm sure the other guys will be sure and tell you all the stories of the ones they catch and the ones that they almost catch. Take care of yourself and go to that doctor, there will be plenty more days to catch that biggun.

Good luck mac, tin, and coach. Don't cut them any slack, and let us know how it goes. :D

20. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Many thanks for the condolences,I sure wanted to make this trip! :sad: Mac caught a 60 pounder his last time on this trip. Thanks again to Coach for taking time to teach us how to fish that big river.