Mississippi River

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by cumberlandcat, Feb 13, 2008.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If you had a choice to fish the miss on the TN state line what area would you fish. I am thinking about taking a trip out there. I haven't fished the miss this far south and have wanted to try for some big boys.

2. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    A lot of good fishing between Memphis and MS but even better "looking" down into MS (deeper water) although I haven't fished that area much. I typically fish between Memphis to about 50 miles north(crow miles). If you decide you are coming this way PM me and we can discuss some more specifics.

3. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I ALWAYS fish north of the Mississippi stateline. There are 3-4 ramps within a 15-30 mile range there. If I fish North of Memphis up near Oceola, I always launch about 35 north of Memphis and fish North towards Blythville, Dyersburg and Carrutherville Mo. With a 60 gallon gas tank, I can range pretty far! The ramps are spaced out once you get North of Memphis. There is ALWAYS potential in the Mississippi! I would select an area and isolate it, and look in that area for what you like to fish, deep holes, ledges, rip-rap bank, revetment bank, mud banks, structure,etc. I have only been fishing the river for a little over a year now and have learned some of the basic stuff, but there are some guys on here that are EXTREMELY knowledgable in that stretch of the Mississippi!!!!!!:wink: I am still trying to get all my equipment set-up the way I like to fish and I learn something new EVERYtime I launch on the river!