Mississippi River

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by TONTO, Dec 23, 2007.

1. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Well Tkyhunter and I went fishing on the Mississippi friday used live shad. We only got to fish about 3 hours, but she managed to catch the only blue that bit about a 5 pounder. We had a great time though, although it was a little cold running down river. Once we stopped to fish (which wasn't soon enough for Tkyhunter) the weather was nice although cloudy. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas, we hope to get back on the river soon!

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Earl,
    Anytime you can go out and fish is a good day. Have a Merry Christmas and hope to see you two soon!

3. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    went out to day on the green river didnt catch any fish just getting out of the house an a good time with a good friend makes what catfishing is all about

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    heres pics of the [[ramp]] we used today!!! the second one is my view out the truck window when we were launching...!!

Attached Files:

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Feel free to send some of that H2O OVER THIS way.... We really wont mind at all.

6. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    i almost have my ranger boat ready to go. i figure i should be ready to take it to the river in about feb. If anyone wants to go let me know. i go around the confluence of the miss and miss and put in at columbia bottoms.

7. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey Biga, did you make a legal stop at that stop sign? Aint it a little early for the spring flood? Hope you caught something . Later Andy

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Earl thanks for the report. You all are tougher than me. I sat at home by the fire all day. Caught nothing.:big_smile:

9. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Went friday again, my nephew has been asking to go. Wouldn't you know it I could barely catch shad, only got five but really didn't need them. All we managed were a couple of half hearted bites off one dike. I join the ranks of the skunked. "Still had a good time though"
    :big_smile:

10. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It was only fair, I had to work. The angel's were looking out for TONTO's well being cause the Mrs. would get mighty cranky if he had returned home with tales of glory! No lectures about being a poor sport ......, I am one!

11. StankBaitHooker

StankBaitHooker New Member

State:
    Clemson SC
    gl out there, sattle up and go get em

12. StankBaitHooker

StankBaitHooker New Member

State:
    Clemson SC
  13. lissaannjon

lissaannjon New Member

State:
    Dubuque, IA
    sounds just like my other half. if shes not in the boat chasing cats with me then there is hell to pay when i get home AND for about the next two weeks afterwards!!!!:eek:oooh::big_smile: