Mississippi river

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by Cattracker16, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    Last week the wife and I went to a channel catfish tourney, the fishing was pretty tough, the water was on the fall and still fairly warm 76* we found a couple spots that would produce 2 cats and then nuttin, then we did a drift in some sand pits picked 4 more cats so we had our six fish needed to weigh in, but didn't have anything over 2.5# we ended up fishing in front of a power plant ended up picking up a 3.14 # cat so we had a total of 8 fish in the live well, we get back to the weigh in and find out there's a few boats back in and a total of 1.10# is big fish and total weight. we end up with 1st place and big fish also. 11.12# total, next was 9.07 # was a good weekend and everyone enjoyed them selves.

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    congrats on your win! and more importantly on the good time out with your wife, again congratulations.

3. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Congratulations on your win in that tournament. Sounds like you and your wife had a good day and caught some fish.

4. oldstylelight

oldstylelight New Member

State:
    LeClaire, ia
    cattracker... i was gonna come up and fish that, but a local guy in leclaire was having a tourny out of his home (the 11th annual) actually a neighbor of mine about a quarter mile away.. there was no fish # limit so we took out the stinkbait... caught 35 fish for 52#.... we lost by 1 or 2 pounds... reason being for about 2 hours we fished cut bait and in that 2 hours only put one fish in the boat (a small one) for some reason, ever since the river went into flood , my quality catfishin has gone down hill. ... been tough, but if you like catching numbers the stinkbaitin has been pretty fast and furious for about 3 weeks. tis fun, but not like catching good fish.

5. Whiskeyriver

Whiskeyriver New Member

State:
    WA
    Strong Work. Congrats on the win.

6. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Hey Cattracker where was the tourney?

7. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    The tourney was held at the rock creek camp ground, just outside follets.

8. Goofy

Goofy Member

State:
    Moline, Illinois
    Congrats on win. Neat area to fish. All the different types of structure and multiple locations in that pool. They tend to mess with the water level a lot up there. I have had the fish just turn off as they hold water and lower pool. But, that's why they call it fishing.

9. FishinginDavenport

FishinginDavenport New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You know Kenny is never going to let us hear the end of his win. He does deserve it though. It was a tough day of fishing for us all. Kenny....I tried that spot you showed me where the boil in the water was. Nothing there when I tried.