Mississippi River

Discussion in 'MISSISSIPPI RIVERS TALK' started by bigriver, Aug 16, 2005.

1. bigriver

bigriver New Member

State:
    Memphis
    Okay fellers, I rekon we've got to get something started here. Hope we didn't lose all our past posts again :cursing:. Had to test out the new smilies :D . Maybe our old stuff will be transfered back in here?????

Anyway, fished last weekend. Did fair along riprap banks with a thirty-one as the biggie. Had a buddy that did some controlled drifting along sandbars in the thirty to forty foot range. He did pretty good with a mid-thirties as the biggest, but lost two that he felt were much bigger. With the river super low and somewhat clear, drifting may be the way to go. Finding an accessable ramp may be our biggest challenge.

2. bigriver

bigriver New Member

State:
    Memphis
    Sorry guys, should have posted this under "Local Mississippi-Mississippi river talk". My bad.

3. dudlbugr

dudlbugr New Member

State:
    Cleveland, AL
    We'll let it slide this matt, since you're an initiate and all... Just getting used to the board and what not. Just don't let it happen again. :mad:

4. lookinfurabiggun

lookinfurabiggun New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey guys I am new to the site. This is a big one that I pulled out of the mis.

5. speedy1_36

speedy1_36 New Member

State:
    Bruce,Mississippi
    Man, that is a biggun what did it weigh?

6. flathead willy

flathead willy New Member

State:
    Madison, MS
    Damn man where'd you pull that one out of? I do alot of fishin in the river around Greenville. We pulled out a good 40 pound flathead in the summer. That's bout as big as its gotten for me.

7. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Flathead Willy, do you ever hear of any big flatheads caught off trotlines or out of hoop nets down in that area? I hear that area down there is hawg heaven. Usually the commercial guys catch bigger fish due to using more lines and fishing all the time. Just wondering.