Mississippi River Trotline Tournament ???

Discussion in 'TOURNAMENT TALK' started by trotline mississippi, Oct 22, 2008.

1. trotline mississippi

trotline mississippi New Member

State:
    mississippi
    Some freinds and i have been bouncing around the idea of having a trotline tournament on the Miss river. There have been a few done in the past at port gibson and were a decent run ordeal from what i hear. But i also know alot of the people that where fishing in them and lets just say it wasnt all on the up and up. Our thoughts are as follows.

Boats can have as many people in them as the certification sticker will allow.
    200 hooks per boat.
    start on a friday at noon and end on sunday at noon.
    entry fee 50 per head or 100 per boat.
    have the tourney in late april, may, or early june.
    weigh in twice a day noon and dark , or just when you get through running your lines.
    all hooks would be counted before launching on friday and all others in the boat would be surrendered to staff till sunday for return.
    cookout on friday night and fish fry on sat night by donation of fish from competitors
    location i think would be better out of either greenville, vicksburg, or natchez.
    i can have a truck brought in full of gold fish for bait and it will nbe reasonably priced and left on site.

anyway this is just in its preliminary stage
    any thoughts and would anyone be interested in fishing in it.

our goal is to get 100 boats and split the money as follows
    first boat-3000.00
    second boat-2000.00
    third boat-1000.00
    biggest cat-750.00
    after expenses are paid anything left would be split into other prizes.

sounds wild but i think it would be an awsome tourney to do. sponsors from throughout the state and plenty of door prizes and trophies.

just after some input on this. if we can get enough interest we are wanting to set this for the spring of 2010

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Just curious. Will it be strictly trotlining, or will jugs be allowed?

3. trotline mississippi

State:
    mississippi
    miss law on jugs is 25 per person 50 per boat so i guess we could allow 50 of the hooks to be juggs. i dont have a problem with it. i personally wouldnt want to chase that many juggs on the big river myself but if someone wants to then i would say thats fine.:big_smile:

4. catdaddy007

catdaddy007 Member

State:
    SE Arkansas
    Now thats what I'm talkin about. I just wish my boat was big enough for that river. I don't think my little 14/36 with a 9.8 merc would fare to well. I would definitely need a new pair of shorts afterward. What part of the river would it be on ?

5. trotline mississippi

State:
    mississippi
    not real sure yet on location but will be at a major port.