mississippi river stripers

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by fat_fish55, Apr 2, 2006.

1. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    hey i was just wondering if anybody has been getting into any stripers/white/ hybrids below dams on the river yet?

2. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    It has been really slow up at Hannibal, but I plan to try tomorrow. A few white bass have been caught. Hannibal Mike

3. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I think the water temp is still a little cold. I am goin to have to try white bass fishin this summer on the river though we saw tons of them hittin shad off the riprap last year and caught a ton in the net throwing for shad, so I am definately going to have to try and fish for them. Just never have done it on the river.

4. Blue Bruiser

Blue Bruiser New Member

State:
    St Louis, Missouri
    Snagged 2 stripers today at the chain of rocks.

5. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    Yesterday was a great day, but I only caught one white bass (5") and a decent flathead off the riprap below Saverton Dam (#22) on the missi. Any day now, it should warm up. Hannibal Mike

6. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Blue Briuser....is anyone snaggin any spoonies down there yet? I was just curious I havent been down there in a long time!

7. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    A few guys are snagging and I wish that I had taken my snagg'n equipment. So far there has not been much success on spoonies, but any day now. There is plenty of water, but a bit cool. Later in the month is better, but the asian carp really crowd in and that is what you will catch the most. They are fighters. Come on down! Hannibal Mike