Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Mississippi River Sinkers

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  robbor 
#1 ·
I have gotten advice on here to use anywhere from 4 oz. to 16 oz. sinkers to keep my bait down when fishing below the Winfield Dam or wing dikes etc. on the Mississippi River.

What is the best type for a sinker that big? I plan on buying sinker molds and pouring them myself.

#3 ·
While I only use regular banksinkers, it seems almost everyone recommends the "no-rolls". I have seen them made and they do look very good for high current. So, your choice is me, who can't catch a fish, or all the other Mississippi River fishermen who use no-rolls. Who ya gonna believe?

#4 ·
While I only use regular banksinkers, it seems almost everyone recommends the "no-rolls". I have seen them made and they do look very good for high current. So, your choice is me, who can't catch a fish, or all the other Mississippi River fishermen who use no-rolls. Who ya gonna believe?
Ummmmmmm let me get back to you on that one. :tounge_out:

#6 ·
I would say that all depends on the size of bait/line you use. Almost all of the time I use really big baits/heavy line and small sinkers do no good. I normally dont bother putting less than 4oz on big baitcasters if i need weight at all, and thats with no current.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.