Mississippi River, Port gibson, Ms???

Discussion in 'MISSISSIPPI RIVERS TALK' started by Lee Racing, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Lee Racing

Lee Racing New Member

State:
    mississippi
    just wondering how members on here fish out of port gibson,ms in the ms river? and what water levels and areas seem to be good this time of year?

2. dudlbugr

dudlbugr New Member

State:
    Cleveland, AL
    Welcome to the BOC Lee. I've never fished down there (fished Vicksburg once or twice), and would fish it again. Nears as I can tell, right now, the blues ain't biting real good right now, but I know for a fact that the skippies are on the prowl. Might be a good time to lay in a supply, for the winter.
    Coach, Gofish, and HeavyDuty would be the guys in the know on what happened down there last weekend.

Good luck.

3. nightowl

nightowl New Member

State:
    Vicksburg,Mississippi
    I DO MOST OF MY FISHING OUT OF LETOUREAU LANDING IN VICKSBURG AND RIGHT NOW THE RIVER IS A LITTLE HIGHER THAN I LIKE IT. THIS TIME LAST YEAR THE RIVER WAS ABOUT 12' OR SO. MY WIFE AND I CAUGHT OUR FISH ON LIVE SHAD IN ABOUT 20'-30' OF WATER. WE WERE FISHING SOME LEDGES IN THE MAIN RIVER CHANNEL WITH SOME STRUCTURE (TREES, BRUSH) ON IT. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO FOR ME PLEASE FILL FREE TO SENT IT MY WAY. (I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET).

4. Lee Racing

Lee Racing New Member

State:
    mississippi
    i know what you mean !

5. benelli101

benelli101 New Member

State:
    mississippi
    Where is LETOUREAU LANDING from Eagle lake in Vicksburg. I am new to fishing the Vicksburg area.

6. nightowl

nightowl New Member

State:
    Vicksburg,Mississippi
    LETORNEAU LANDING IS SOUTH OF VICKSBURG JUST OFF OF HWY 61 SOUTH. IF YOU GET OF OF I-20 ONTO HWY 61 S GO ABOUT 9 TO 10 MILES AND YOU WILL SEE LETOURNAEU ROAD ON THE RIGHT, TAKE THAT RIGHT AND GO ALL THE WAY TO THE END. ITS A VERY NICE LANDING WITH PLENTY OF PARKING.

7. Lee Racing

Lee Racing New Member

State:
    mississippi
    is there any runouts around there??

8. Lee Racing

Lee Racing New Member

State:
    mississippi

i much rather buy them frorm the bait shop in port gibson there cheap and i like to support nice people..

9. nightowl

nightowl New Member

State:
    Vicksburg,Mississippi
    AS FAR AS THE RUNOUTS YOU THERE IS ONE JUST NORTH OF THE LANDING ABOUT 1/2 MILE ON THE MISSISSIPPI SIDE CALLED MORGAN'S BOYOU, STRAIGHT ACROSS THE RIVER IS THE OLD RIVER BED AND PARAMIRA LAKE, THEN DOWN RIVER ABOUT 10 MILES IS THE MOUTH OF THE BIG BLACK RIVER.

10. Lee Racing

Lee Racing New Member

State:
    mississippi
    thanks i didnt know the big black was 10 miles! south of there