Mississippi River Level

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Grumper, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I am reading all these post about the Rivers are coming up. Does anybody know what the river is doing around St. Louis. I was out all last week, and haven't had a chance to check it myself. I'm thinking about going out this weekend and was wanting to be sure that there is no debris floating around.

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I am heading out in the morning and will be fishing below the alton dam... there usually isn't much debris below the dam...I will post tomorrow and give a water / fishing update.

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I got a glimpse of the river just down from AB brewery, this afternoon. Didn't see too much junk in the water. Hard to tell, I've seen it clear up here in the Arnold area and when I got down to the Rush Island Power Plant, I could walked across the river on it. LOL

4. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Ill have to head down to Rush Island in the morning to check it out. Thanks, Kutter!

5. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Well, just got back from Rush Island, and the water level is almost in the parking lot, not to mention the log jam in the middle of the boat ramp. So the level has come way up since last weekend.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    According to the chart I have flood stage at St.Louis is 30 ft.Today is 16.9 Fri16.3 Sat.16.6 Sun 17.0 and Mon 16.8.Subject to change with the rains and all.Now that is for the Mississippi River. Hope this helps some.

7. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Went out this morning and it was pretty much a waste of time!! A WHOLE LOT of debris floating down river not to mention the ICEBERGS!! The only thing that was good, I was able to catch plenty of bait with only three throws of the throw net.