Mississippi River is up

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by poopdeck [patrick], Apr 9, 2006.

1. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    They are finally snagging some nice spoonbills both at alton and chain of rocks . Also they say the cats are biting a guy was soppossed to have caught two 20 lb blues within 10 min below the alton dam this morning. I will be going out to the chain of rocks later today to try my luck. i know a real good spot where you can tear into some monster blues when the river is rising like it is. Any one who wants to go later this eving 5 r6 pm me.

2. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    Went to chain of rocks today they are still snagging a lot of spoonies.some nice ones too. I catfished but didn/t get a bite . Still had fun. Going again at daylight going to use a giant shad I/m going to cut up.

3. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good luck and let us know how its goin. Im prolly goin home for the weekend and goin to try and get some fishin in so let us know how its goin!

4. ultima_cat_man

ultima_cat_man New Member

State:
    granite city, ill
    i was at chain of rocks monday and in 20 mins saw 2 20lb 4 10lb and about a 1lber spoon caught. i wasnt there to fish just checkin things out... tim

5. bondman

bondman New Member

State:
    Vandalia, IL
    was at the chain of rocks and also the dam at alton the river below the dam is way up. but they are draining the upper pool anyone know why??? saw spoonies caught at both sites hooked one but it broke me off..lots of bighead carp was snagged also. no catfish bite and no skips yet either.
    Bondman

6. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    was anyone snagging any skips @ low water?

7. bondman

bondman New Member

State:
    Vandalia, IL
    saw a couple get snagged not many.

8. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    I caught a bice blue about 30 lbs at chain of rocks a little after daylight this morning. I got him on cut up shad. I been hanging around the snaggers with my bucket and been getting some nice shad from them. They are snagging some real nice spoonies and a lot of them. This kid gave me the biggest shad i have ever seen I used its gut pocket it was almost as big as my fist.

I have not seen any skips down there but i will probaly be going back down there in a couple of hours to get tomorrow mornings bait.

9. Fishhead1

Fishhead1 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Eric

Lots of water is coming down our way from up North. The Corps always likes to drop the pool when a pulse is headed our way.

10. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    I seen this guy catch a giant spoonie today , they estimated it was over 80 lbs. It was the biggest one i have seen all year. They are still catching a lot of them at low water dam in granite. The river is sopposed to stay at its current level for the next five days are more. Heres the link if anyone want to keep a eye on it.

http://www.riverwatch.noaa.gov/forecasts/STLRVSLSX_MS.shtml

11. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    You guys are getting a lot of water because the gates are wide open at Meyer & Quincy & probably Saverton also.
    That's putting a hurting on snagging here. :sad:

Eric