mississippi river help

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by 1 catbuster, Jul 12, 2009.

1. 1 catbuster

1 catbuster New Member

State:
    Union Mo
    have just started fishing the mississippi and need some help. been fishing lock and dam 26 twice some small flats and one nice blue. but want to put my gear to the test can any one help. also finding a few skips in the area but not many any advice

2. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    Go downstream from the dam's tailrace about 1/8mile or so on the Illinois side and you will see a concrete plant that is dumping out warm water into the river. Go up that chute by the warm outflow area and throw your net in their but watch out and don't let your net go down to deep or it will get hung up on the bottom.

3. 1 catbuster

1 catbuster New Member

State:
    Union Mo
    thanks for your help.we are going to fish up that way friday will let everyone know how we did. have to try the new fish finder

4. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    Dave,
    I'll look out for ya cause I'll be out there fishing on Friday myself. Good Luck!

5. 1 catbuster

1 catbuster New Member

State:
    Union Mo
    i will be in a brown boat with a old merc on the back.

6. 1 catbuster

1 catbuster New Member

State:
    Union Mo
    fished lock and dam 26 last night did not do so hot one 7 lb drum to windy. water was in bad shape lots of barges siting idle one lock shut down. going back up that way today have to try agan.

7. 1 catbuster

1 catbuster New Member

State:
    Union Mo
    went to pool 26 last night the bite was hot fish after fish. best night fishing i have ever had on rod and reel. took 5 blue cat home 7 to 13lbs

8. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    We fished Melvin Price L&D tailrace all the way down to the chain of rocks cannal and up the Missouri River too. Ended up with only 3cats (1blue, 1channel and 1 flathead). Overall a really tough bite with limited success. Gonna try night fishing this Friday and see how it works:wink:.

9. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    i aint had any luck neither

10. 1 catbuster

1 catbuster New Member

State:
    Union Mo
    We went out Monday night once again it was fish after fish 18, 12 -20 lbs in three hours got to love this river. But with out all of your help i would be getting skunked thank you for all the great post

[​IMG]