Mississippi River fishing near Hannibal, Mo

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by Bigdan99, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Bigdan99

Bigdan99 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    :sad2: I fish the Mississippi River around Hannibal, Mo. Has anybody heard of anyone having any luck around this area. I don't have a boat so that really limits any fish due that a lot of the water seems to be shallow, I don't know if that is a problem or I'm just not having any luck. Can anyone give me any info?

2. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    iv fished at the park n fish at saverton dam. Walk all the way across the wall so you are closer to the dam gates. No mattewr where i go if i dont know any spots a dam is usually a decent spot

3. Bigdan99

Bigdan99 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I think I am going down to fish down there on that dike tomorrow morning earlly with a guy I used to fish with. Being cooler weather maybe they will be biting better. I'll have a my boat by this spring so next summer I'll be hoping to find some better spots.

4. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I haven't been having any luck anywhere. I have fished below the dams at Quincy, Meyer and Saverton and haven't done worth a darn. It's gonna happen though! :big_smile:

5. Bigdan99

Bigdan99 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    here anytime it should start getting better, going to go fishing tomorrow after I get off work at John Hay, where the old bridge used to be. I'm really hoping that it is going to be a good night. Being cooler for a few days may make a differance, I know it couldn't get any worse.