Mississippi River Fishing Buddy Wanted 5/25

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by cpalombo, May 24, 2007.

1. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    Hi all. I am making plans for Fri night and looking for someone that wants to come along and fish. I have a comfortable and safe boat, but fish at night and would appreciate the company (and extra set of eyes).

If you are interested in fishing the St Charles area of the Mississippi Friday night (May 25) let me know via PM. We would leave at about 6:30pm and fish the river untill about 1ish.

CP

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Hey Chris, A buddy and I are putting in at the Melvin Price Dam on Friday night....should be up there sometime after 4:30pm..

3. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    I am still looking for a willing person as of 5:00 Thursday, but If I have to go by myself, would you all mind if I looked for you out there? I dont mind fishing alone inj my boat at night, as long as I have another boat willing to call my wife and the police if I fall in. Ha!

If I end up going out alone, you will recognize me as the guy in the 20 foot Lowe Deep V in the Stainless Steel chain shark suit, with the float vest on, and the bright yellow space caddet helmet (and tooth guard insert). Big fish call for drastic decisions. I will call it my "knight" fishing suit.

Tight lines!

CP

4. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    River Rat,

What type of rig do you have (if I see you out there)?

This is my baby... A Lowe 1920 with a 115hp Merc. Her name is the "Queen Mary" (and she calles me Big C)! I love that boat (as I wipe away a fresh tear).

Wave if you see her.

CP

5. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    Let me try posting the picture again...

CP

6. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Riverrat and cpalombo,

I am heading to Melvin Price friday night as well. I'll be in the 17.5 foot lund with 115 evinrude. I have a buddy that flew in to try and get a big blue for his wall (replica mount of course).... Not sure how he plans to get that by his wife. Anyway, I would love to chat with you in person, so if you see me pull up beside me for a minute or two. Don't laugh at me when you see my downrigger. I'm going to experiment a bit with it.

I haven't boated a fish this year, but both of your recent reports have me excited. I plan to fish Sat and Sunday as well. I haven't made my way to the section cpalombo's been fishing, but wouldn't mind giving it a shot if the bite is on.

If I don't see you, I'll post a trip report and hopefully see yours as well as I try to figure out what to do for the rest of the weekend. As for tonight, it looks like I'll be watching "Big Blue Cat Safari" for the tenth time.

Greg

7. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Greg and Chris,

I have a 20 foot SeaArk "RIVER CAT" named Death Barge II. I also have "Team Death Barge" on the side of the boat. I also might stand out, I am a competitive strongman and am 6 foot 3 and weigh 350lbs. I have been told that I stand out just a little in a crowd :tounge_out::tounge_out::tounge_out:

If I see ya out there / you see me, come on over!!!

8. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Chris you're more than welcome following me around in my boat...I know that stretch of river better than I know my own back yard!!:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile: If you want, give me a call 314-393-1765 and we can meet up there at about the same time. I just found out that we're are taking tomorrow off from work!!!!! :big_smile::big_smile: So I can head out pretty much when ever!

9. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN

Hey, I have a set of Walker Downriggers. I have put them on my boat three times before trips, but end up taking them off just before leaving. I really want to try them for anchor fishing a very very deep hole for cats, but have never heard how that is done.

Anyhow, let me know how it works for you. I have used all kinds of my old lake trout and salmon gear for cats. The downriggers are the only idea that I have not tried yet.

CP

10. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    River Rat, Awesome, if I make it out there tomorow, I will certainly call you.

All other BOC'ers... 9:15pm on Thurs. night and I am still waiting on a willing person wanting to lay into the big blues tomorow. Someone has got to want to get out, I would assume... Let me know fellows.

Thanks!

CP

Attached Files:

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Dang, wish I could join you guys. I'm still terrorizing passengers for the next two days. I am off from the 3rd to the 14th though. Pretty much free except for the 7th, 8th, and 9th which is reserved for the Cabelas tourney in Quincy. Hope to catch up with you guys soon.

12. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    If i didn't already have plans for memerial day weekend I would love to take you up on that offer. If you happen to have a free spot on another weekend let me know and I will probably be game to drive up there and do some fishing.

13. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    Sounds good to me, I am always game to go. I learn so much each time I fish with a new person. Having a boat gives me great flexability to learn. Give me a PM when you have a future time open, I will take you out some time.

Update..... 7:50 Fri morning and it is looking like I will be fishing in the rain by myself today. Not the end of the world. PM if anyone wants to get out.

Slow and easy is the rule. Good luck to all that are going out this weekend.

CP