Mississippi River at Louisania, Mo

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by beshears, Mar 8, 2009.

1. beshears

beshears Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sat 3-7-09
    Surface temp 38 with the River in pretty good shape. Saw one other trailer in the parking lot. Caught one Blue on cut bait, 12 1/2 lbs. Had two other hits. I was anchored in 4 feet of water casting into 60 feet. I would like to hear more about the river in this area.

2. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Jay I wish I could help you but I have only fished it once for the Cooks tournament and you would of beat the pants off of me with a 12 1/2 lber. There are some great fisherman and women up in your area that are on the BOC. Sit back and ask whats on your mind and the people on here are sure to help.

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I dont do well up there either. I have fished at least a dozen times and only caught small fish. I know they are there but it seems to be one of those places I need to either stay away from or move to. :smile2:

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Some folks have done well up their drifting the channel edges.

I've mostly had my arse handed to me fishing that area for some reason.:confused2:

5. Honzy333

Honzy333 New Member

State:
    MO
    Jay it sounds like you know what you are doing. The only fish I have caught so far this year have been on the edges or ramps of those deep holes.