Mississippi River - Any updates on Chain of Rocks?

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by alton, Feb 7, 2007.

1. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Just wondering if anyone has any additional info on the Chain of Rocks situation. I know Doug said the road was to open Feb. 9th. Thanks

2. kccatman76

kccatman76 New Member

State:
    kansas
    dont know nut used to live in edwardsville and fish the heck out of chain of rocks very good place to snag spoonbill and to catch all the whitebass u can handle

3. Fishhead1

Fishhead1 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Eric
    I don't know about the roads, but snagging is now closed at L&D 27/Chain of Rocks area starting this year. :angry:

4. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Chain of rocks is open again... at least from sunup till sundown...

5. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    I also heard there would be no more snagging allowed at chain of rocks after sometime in april.

6. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    I WENT TODAY AND DIDN'T EVEN CATCH BAIT . THE WATER IS DOWN AND THE BEACH IS STARTING TO FORM. I SEEN TO COPS PATROLING THE AREA.:angry:

7. firefighteremtb78

firefighteremtb78 New Member

State:
    IL
    The water dropped that fast? I was there friday night and it was up to the top barrell. I havent heard of anyone catchin anything yet. The snagging info I heard also from the DNR. He said that they MIGHT not allow it anymore because of problems they are having with people down there partying all day. They are trying to wean out the drunks and parties. I noticed the damn idiots have already tore up the parking lot from doing donuts. The fresh laid gravel is all rutted up now and its back to being bumpy. I would like to be down there when they are doing this crap. The 8oz sinker may accidently fly off the line as Im casting and go through a window. You cant enjoy anything anymore without idiots destroying it.

8. Fishhead1

Fishhead1 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Eric
    It's in the printed 2007 regs, so I'm pretty sure it's a done deal.