Mississippi Mud Cake

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by CuzICan, Jul 6, 2008.

1. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    This a favorite cake at our house and we don't eat many cakes, but they love this, and I never throw ANY out when I make it.

1 Cup Butter
    1/2 Cup Cocoa

Melt butter and cocoa together on low heat. Remove and stir in, mixing well:

4 eggs, slightly beaten
    2 Cups Sugar

Add:

1 1/2 Cups Self Rising Flour
    Pinch Salt ( a pinch is less than 1/8th teaspoon)
    1 1/2 Cups chopped nuts
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    Mix well.

Spoon batter into a greased and floured 13x9x2" pan. Bake at 350 for 35 to 45 minutes...I try for about 35 personally.

Sprinkle Miniature Marshmallows on top of the hot cake. I let these sit for a bit, sometimes I cover the cake while it cools for a minute with the marshmallows on top.Cover with the chocolate frosting below while cake is still warm:

**Frosting:

1 pound box confectioners sugar
    1/2 cup whole milk
    1/3 cup cocoa
    1/2 stick butter
    Combine sugar, Milk, cocoa, and soft butter. Mix until smooth and spread on hot cake.

(If you use that frosting recipe the way it sits you will have a TON of icing, so I use enough powdered sugar and milk to get it to a good spreading consistency, about half or a little more of what it says. If you are making 2 cakes, it would work out about right)

I use the full amounts of butter and cocoa, and it works up good.

Sorry if this is hard to follow I never typed a recipe for others before....Maybe I shouldn't have given any hints and helps :/. Hope everyone that tries it enjoys it.

2. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Admin could you delete this post please?? Thanks.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois

Cher your to late. The cakes sounds to go to delete. However I will blame you when I overeat this cake.:smile2: