Mississippi Lakes for Bank Fishing

Discussion in 'MISSISSIPPI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by patrickgd, Sep 13, 2008.

1. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    Hoping someone out there might be able to offer a good suggestion on a lake for some Channel Cat bank-fishing in the Mississippi area. I live in Memphis and would really like to find a spot for night fishing. Thanks!

2. fish_head

fish_head New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I know some guys who said they fished the dam area at Grenada and did well. And the spillways at the lakes up that way- Grenada, 'Butla, Enid, and Sardis- are supposed to be good. I can't tell you from experience on them, its just what I have heard. But generally the fishin is all good down here..:wink:

3. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    Were they fishing in the Lake above the dam or spillway below?

I've fished all those spillways but would like to find a good spot on the bank at a lake. Kinda tired of riprap, current and snags. Especially at night.

4. Catfish Jaw

Catfish Jaw New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Theres a Pay Lake i went to before and I caught a 12lb. channel. I don't know if you can night fish there. You might know it already but i wanted to help if i could.

Catch'em Lakes

5. fish_head

fish_head New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Patrick, they said they were fishing in the lake just above the dam, like in the deepest water, and with a big hunk of bait.