Mississippi Catfish

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by wabah58, Aug 8, 2009.

1. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Fished for a few hours on the ole Miss, only saw 3 boats, guess it was too hot 98 today. Managed to get a few. 1 keeper.

Attached Files:

2. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    nice kitty! Where did you go.

3. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congrats on a nice channel. that sure is a pretty fish, looks healthy.

4. Mrs. Andy52

Mrs. Andy52 New Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Wow...you were out in that heat....you deserve a nice fish like that. I agree with SGT in that it looks pretty and healthy. I do have the same question as Scaley....where? The Mr and I were going to go out but did decide to stay in cause of the hot hot weather. We are havin bbq baby backs instead...lol. Good for you. Were they biting pretty good?

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    98 degree heat and your catching fish. It looks like the rewards go to the tough. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

6. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Went back down there to Truman. No one there this morning and they finally cleaned up the area off all the down trees. Looked like they bought in a big dozer. Weird, they didn't clean the ramp though, all around though.

I was looking for ya Scaly Cat, wanted to show you him.LOL. Had 2 poles out there with cut shad, had a few hits, but no hook ups. Got the one in the pic on Chicken Breast chunk. Got bites all day on that, managed to get 2 more small ones on the chicken. Wish my big cut shad would of produced, one of these days I hope.

Only fished for 4 hours because of the heat. I was mad at first when the neighbor woke my up at 7:00 this morning cutting grass, but Im over it now. He was a good Catfishing wake up call.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  7. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    Its about time they got down there and cleaned that up. I may be going out in a couple hours and staying till around midnight. That is if I can find enough bait.

8. TOFTTnet Kami

TOFTTnet Kami New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You want any company scaley? I was planning to go out tomorrow A.M. up North, but if I got someone to fish with, I'll come out tonight instead. Typically ok to fish down there without getting run off, or are you in a boat?

9. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    I went down there at night last week. There were other fisherman on the ramp. Didn't get run off or have any problems. I was thinking about maybe going tonight? Not sure yet. That is a nice fish!

10. TOFTTnet Kami

TOFTTnet Kami New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If anybody decides to go let me know. I want to go, but I don't wanna go by myself. Hit me up on a PM email michael.e.hall@hotmail.com or txt me 314-226-4130

11. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Same here went out today landed a few 3 8's a 27 and a 13 my top broke on the boat and i got burnt to all hell ... Stupid wind... i was siting there and a gushing wind broke a stap and lend the top down and broke the frame....

I was by the Alton dam...
    I did see a kid (16yr) catch a 72lb blue thoe.... man it was great watching him fight it.I was blown away when i seen what lbs came to.

On top of that my stern light lens is broke and i lost a tailer bumper side.... OMG.. my boat is fallin apart.

Anyone have a stern light lens cover for sale or a xtra stern light fot sale?

12. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thats a nice catch Mike. Keep it up. When i first looked at it.. it looked just like a blue to me LOL.

13. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    nice looking blue wabah. its wierd how they have different colors from region to region. all the blues we pulled from the missi were a light "pearl" blue, and that one is really dark. its really cool how different they can get.
    reminds me of fishing with troy aka welder, we got 3 flatheads one night. one from gasconade which was a brilliant orange. one from the osage below bagnell, which was really blue and dark. and one from......sh*t! i cant remeber where that one was from but it was really green. just amazing how they adapt to thier enviroment.