Mississippi at Quincy

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by RRRKKK, Aug 29, 2008.

1. RRRKKK

RRRKKK New Member

State:
    Quincy IL
    been out twice now below the dam 21 were we used to fish there is a sandbar sticking out of the river about 6'. There is a mud bottom where there used to be a sand bottom. Up river were I fish a sand bottom for channels it is now mud and I ran aground twice, where there used to be plenty of water. It will take a lot of exploration to find where to fish again.

2. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I think you are going to find a lot of that. I was up the Des Moines the other day and it's really different also. However I have been knocking em out of catching Channels and blues up here at the Keokuk Dam. Later Andy

3. RRRKKK

RRRKKK New Member

State:
    Quincy IL
    Are you below the dam, that powerhouse current has me scared. We caught some in the upstream lock approach last year locked thru and took us a long time to get back thru had to wait for 3 barges

4. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have been fishing below the Dam lately. You do have to be careful, and watch what you are doing. With the water this low, you can make out where the rocks are, and kind of chart your course. Lots of people fish under the powerlines that cross over the river, and do pretty good. The Wall is a good spot, it's just hard to get up on it with the low water. Hope this helps. Later Andy