Mississinewa River in Indiana

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by BIGCAT DADDY 71, May 24, 2006.

1. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i do alot of catfishing on this river, just wondered if their any members thats fished it this year? any good? i have'nt been on it this year yet, but going to soon.

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    dont think i have been on the river bud. is it good fishing for flathead? i wouldnt mind goin sometime if you need an anchor man. lol

3. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    tim, have hooked alot of flatheads, including the one in my avatar. most of them at private ground that i can fish, in grant county, cant get a boat in there. i launch in marion and jalapie. like to see about finding a launch towards mathews area or the river and even up the river more. sounds good, i'll pm you a few days before i go. like to launch in marion, also took some nice blue's in that area. how far are you from the marion public launch site? it dont show marions public launch, but there's one there. it's almost right down down.www.indianaoutfitters.com/missinwa_river.html

4. chuck luck

chuck luck Member

State:
    indiana
    I've been fishing the Mississenewa River for several years now. Not had much luck the last few years. Went this past Friday and Sunday, nothin. I'm about ready to give up on the bank fishin there. A couple of my buddies from work want me to come down to Martinsville on the White River with them, I just hate driving 2 hours each way. They did catch 7 flats this last Friday though. I might have to re-evaluate. Have a good one, Chuck.

5. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    my 6yr old son, nate, had his first all-nighter on private gound in grant co. on the mississinewa river. he was pumped to get to go with dad and a friend to the river. we banked fished a spot that i've hooked alot of nice cats, including the flathead in my avatar. nate got a 3lb channel, 2 soft shell turtles and a drum. it was a slow night for the cats, but he loved every bit of it, and dad did too.

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    scott im up around ft wayne bud. sounds like you had a good trip there,get pics? oh hey i never got that pm. lol

7. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Good for the boy. Now you have really started something .

8. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    it's about time, i plan to get on the river in my boat tue. or wed. night. been fishing lakes alot and i'am going to turn to the river cat'n for awhile. wish me luck, i need it the kind of year i'am having, lol. i'll post how it went.

fish on, scott.

9. mr channel

mr channel New Member

State:
    sharpsville/kokomo Indiana
    i fish that river every weekend mainly by the spillway,,,last time no cats but alot of drum the conservation officer there is about 22 and ive got to know him he told me that the cat bite is slow because of the # of drum in the take and up stream,,,they get to the bate before the cats do and he has heard people are even catching drum on cut bait,,he siad the best fishing is around pearsons mill or red bridge and also right of frances slocum there is a 50' foot deep hole there gotta go there at night tho because of all the speed boats but according to him the lake is the best bet right now not the river also told me that they released several rainbow and brown trout into the miss. river,,,only small ones but they will get big hopefulley,,,som good eatin there,,well im getting packed for tennessee right now gonna go to the big teen river for 60' + stripers,,and maybe a cat or tee have a good week bro's

10. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    man, 12 hours on the boat, not a nibble. we used alot of different baits, moved around the river and no bites. my first time this year without catching a cat. i got skunked, but felt good spending the night on the river again. it was the first time with a depth finder in my spots and found two around 12- 14ft deep. i cant wait for late summer/early fall when the bite comes on.

11. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I've fished it......didn't catch a single fish :big_smile: ....still had a good time though.....they'll be there next time!:wink:

Smitty

12. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    i found a way to get my boat launched, and make it back to the private ground that i fish. man this is good, my luck on a big cat just got better. i'am taking 223smitty, a boc brother. smitty's been trying to beat his personal best cat of 10lbs, i've put him in some good areas this summer, been slow on the big-cats. heck, i'd love to beat my personal best tonight, 30lb. this is the same area my 30lb flat came out of, that were fishing tonight. i'll post how it went, hope a personal best is broke tonight.

13. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Good luck guys!! Hope you guys both beat your personal bests.

14. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Good luck, can't wait to hear how it goes.

15. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    no big cats again, smitty caught a few nice channels. it's going to get better as fall closes in.

16. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    But as everytime BCD71 & I have fished together, we had a great time. This trip did serve to accomplish a personal goal for Scott, as it got us back to an area he'd fished with someone who he was very close to & fished with alot. That person has passed-on, but to listen to Scott speak of their fishing together, I know they shared alot of good memories on this section of the river. I'd take sharing a part of that anytime over catching fish...........

Looking forward to fishing again.....lol, but it won't be in a boat on that same section of river :wink: . As far as the fish.....we'll get 'em next time!

BCD71 & I made some fishing memories ourselves.......most of them contain language which I had directed at him.....little of which I can repeat here :0a19: .

LMAO................
    Smitty

17. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    have not fished that river befor need to try itsome time. good luck fishing.

18. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Glad to hear you guys had a good time.

19. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Are there no caatfish left in INdiana. Good company can make a bad trip a great trip.