mission bows

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by massa_jorge, Jan 17, 2008.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    well i do believe i will get a new bow this year. was gearing toward a mathews but they are more than a dang rifle. i came across one called a mission x3 made by mathews and shot it at my local bow shop. it was frieking awesome. i do a lot of walking while hunting, and spot and stalk. i cover 6-8 miles a day while deer hunting, and my old bow is a heavy older model. this thing didn't weigh anything, the letoff was nil, and it's fast as hell. does anybody on here own one? i wanted to hear some feedback about durability, etc.
    thanks!

2. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I hear they are a great bow. There is a Mathews shop up the road that I bought my Drenalin from and he had a bunch of Mission bows. They look like your typical Mathews except they don't have the roller guard or harmonic dampers.

You really can't go wrong with any of todays new bows if you are used to shooting one that is 4 years or older.

3. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    how bout 10 years or older? :smile2: then the new bow should be that much better to me! i shoot a bear whitetail 2, it's not fancy or anything, but it has killed deer both seasons i hunted with it. i have to use 'kentucky windage' due to the low speed on it. i may just turn it into a bowfishing bow after i get the new one.

4. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I have not shot them, but know people who have and they say it's a great bow for the money.

5. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    from what ive heard from other people saying about matthews, id be willing to bet money that they are the best bows on the market today. as for me? well ill stick to my truth:wink:

6. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I'm a Mathews fan big time, but I always recommend a person try out several different bows and pick the one that fits. Mathews bows aren't perfect for all of us like some people think. I'm shot Diamond, Bowtech, Hoyt's, etc and they all have there strong points. It's all in what you like to feel in your bow. :wink:

7. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    You're very right Seth, it's all a matter of preference. I love Ross bows, but that doesn't blind me to the fact that there are other quality bows out there!