Missing persons

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by hear_kitty, Jul 15, 2008.

1. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    SPARKY,SAL,VIC, IF FOUND PLEASE RETURN TO CATFISH1.COM:dribble:

2. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Hey Don,
    I'm not missing! Remember, we went fishing this morning and beat up on the walleyes.
    By the way that one weighed 5 1/2 lbs.
    I want to do it again.
    Sparky

3. jspiel

jspiel New Member

State:
    comstock park michigan
    Hey Don.........

dont you miss me too? I'm actually still around. been spending alot of time catching specks. limited out several times this year so far.

4. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Went yesterday and took 15 witch brings the total to 147 let me now sparky!

5. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Yes Jon you to! I have been spending time playing around with mister walleye!

6. eyeguy

eyeguy New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Hopefully you can tell from my "eyeguy"name that I am a walleye fisherman too. It looks like you are into them. I live in northern Michigan and have no plans to fish your area, however, I do fish for them here and generally what is working in one area will work in other areas too. Is there a hot bait, method or location that you would share. I don't mean what lake or river are you fishing, but things like flats, weedbeds, holes, bends, daytime, evenings, nights, crawler harnessess, crank baits etc. I plan to go fishing this weekend and any help would be appreciated.
    eyeguy

7. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Hay eyeguy welcome! No big deal crawler harness silver and red 2.5-3 mph thirty to forty back flats weedbeds daytime.

8. eyeguy

eyeguy New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Thanks for the information, we fished Sat and Sun. from 11am till 4pm, trolled crawler harnesses, in five or six color combinations including silver. Drift fished with small sinker and a crawler on a single hook, jigged spoons, jigs and all we caught were small perch. Several others were fishing this area as well and had the same results. The water on the Manistee River backwater had muddied up due to heavy rains and the fish shut off. Wednesday and Thursday (just before we got there) the same group accounted for 19 nice eyes, the largest being 26 inches. The Mrs. and I did fish cats Saturday night from 9:30 till 1am she caught three nice channel cats. I netted them, baited hooks and never had a bite. Oh well thats fishing. Again thanks for the information.
    eyeguy

9. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I just talked to Chris Polumbo, Sal's brother. Chris has pretty much gone over to the dark side, fly fishing for trout. Poor guy, I wish him the best. LOL
    He told me Sal is still around and catfishing, but has no computer connection right now. He will be back I am sure. I've known Sal a lot longer than Chris, but hav never met him. I took Chris out on the Mississippi River once. He is a very fine person and an excellent boater! With some folks ya just know they've been boating a long time.

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Yeah, Sal stops in occasionally when he has access to an internet connection he can use. He was here on Friday according to his profile.

Now Vic I don't know about. He joined his wife's running club and ran away :sad2:.

You're not the only one Don, I miss 'em too.

11. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Speed is key everyone thinks slow as you can go bull!

12. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Hay catgirl I talked to sal in spring but have lost his cell number and know he is working alot and going to school! I figured if he seen this he would give me a call! Vic ????