*** Missing persons APB ***

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by TDawgNOk, Jun 2, 2008.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    This year there were many Oklahoma members who missed the Keystone gathering. There are more Oklahoma members now, than there have ever been, but many of our Oklahoma members didn't come out to Keystone, OR post on the thread to let us know that they knew the gathering was going on, but they were just unable to make it for whatever the reason.

For those of you who have never been to a gathering, it is hard to understand. This site is so much more than just a website where people talk about catfishing. It is a brotherhood. We are a family. Gatherings are our form of family reunions. Think if you were having a family reunion, and you let all your family know, and only 10% showed up, and 5% let someone know why they wouldn't be there. That leaves 85% who didn't say anything or show up. That would hurt your feelings, and cause you to be disappointed. So, I too am disappointed in my brothers and sisters from the BOC.

I want to make sure everyone know that I am not knocking ANYONE for not being at the gathering, just for not making a simple post saying, "Hey, I'd love to be there, but that weekend ...blah...blah..blah...."

I for one hope that next year, 2009 Keystone 7 will be the year that the Oklahoma members will really represent our state, and show how many OK members we have.

Sorry for the rant, and sorry if I offended anyone.

TdawgNOk

2. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Wish I could've made it, but I suppose I could've at least posted something.

I hope everybody there had a good time!

3. dex

dex New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Wish I could have made it never been to one of the Keystone gatherings wish to make the next one.

4. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    You shouldn't take it personally.

Speaking for myself, I don't enjoy crowds. I'm miserable in big bunches of people...'bout 6 or 8 is my upper limit.

Hope y'all had fun, though.:big_smile:

5. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    Sorry, I did not make it. Did not know you wanted us to post that we weren't gonna be there. I had knee surgery and was out of it.

6. lonnie84

lonnie84 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have never been to one, I'm a fairly new member here but would like to know more info about them so I can consider it for next year. About how many people did show up? Does most everyone go out in there boats to fish? Or is it more of just a "meet eat and great? Do you have any photos posted of this years event?

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    We had 27 BOC members at the K6 Gathering, with 2 Arkansas members, 1 Kansas member and one Kansas City member, but not sure as to which state. LOL. Then there was family and friends, for a probable total of near 75 people. Sure, its a crowd, but the only time everyone is together was for the supper. Most of the time we were within our own group or as individuals, out visiting. We did have some excitement when poison pits started rambling and we had to stand on chairs or raise our arms overhead to protect the jewelry. LOL Poor CassK, has to put up with him most of the time.

As far as posting saying your gonna be there or not be there, that's entirely up to the individual. Maybe the ones of us who has attended several gatherings are sort of cliquish or standoffish. We have all made friends, and its just a way of maintaining the friendship to say were going or not gonna be able to go. I missed Danny, his wife, Bud's wife, Lynne and Clara, Newton and Patricia, and darn it, even the runt Bud1110, but on the bright side I met stoneman and his wife and further developed the friendship with Mike, Tony, Dale, GaryF, Fordman, Okie Bo, Johnnie and CassK. Even met, to me some new people again. All in all, a gathering is a place for fellowship with the excuse of fishing.

8. OkieBo

OkieBo New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I wished i could have made it! hehe

9. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    you did you NUT!!!

10. OkieBo

OkieBo New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    :0a1: Now i remember! Must have been all the hail that made me dilusional? He he, There coming to take me away! To the funny farm.

11. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    I apologize to all because I said I was gonna be there... and didn't show. With thunderstorms all week and more forcast for the weekend, I just didn't feel lucky enough to make the trip.:embarassed:

I called Mike (Fordman) on Friday morning and he had just arrived at the campgrounds. Then we had afternoon thunderstorms at home, clearing late in the day.

Sunday morning, I called Mike again just to catch him as he was on the tollroad going home. That must have been a bad hailstorm to break up the party early. :eek:oooh:

Anyway, it was a stormy weekend and from what I heard, the fish did not cooperate.

I'm hoping that K7 will be a great meeting and have good weather instead of storms. I'm already planning for it!

12. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    I plan to make it next year. Hopefully I'll get to meet a lot of you there!

Dave

13. mrwhiskr

mrwhiskr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I replied to this APB wayy back when. Since then been paying attention to who says what and when. Count me out. I just love to fish and chat about it. I do not brag, nor do I lie. Go to church when I feel like it, Do not need any help. Iffen you see me there its because I be catching, Gooduck to all of you.
    keep them lines wet

14. Stoneman187

Stoneman187 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    We Marilyn Roxie, Bear, and Dasy all made it. We were grateful that we had the oportunity to meet all who attended. We had a blast and attend to make it next year. Bear and Dasy enjoyed digging holes and Marilyn had fun trying to keep the holes filled. We fished with Poison pits on thier toon. I even fished with them below the Dam where he got the winning fish, He may have got more if I were not so clumsy and fell crossing the rocks in the dark where I brokke my lantern and banged up this already sore body of mine. All in all it was totally wonderful and we asked for the same spot next year and we are prepaired to send the lot rent today if Mike is collecting it yet. We were blessed to leave by 8:30 am sunday cause the storm and huge hail hit at nine am.

Sincerely
    William & Marilyn Wade
    plus Roxie, Bear and Dasy

15. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

you are a rare specimen, Harold, and i congratulate you for....i have never met someone that didn't need help, on occasion. next time you're in my neighborhood, drop by - the coffee is on me:big_smile:

i am looking forward to learning your secrets of life:wink:

16. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    Sorry I missed K6 but my mother was in the hospital. I am planning on being there next year. I didn't even get to pick up my K6 t-shirt. Allen

17. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Had it on the calender to come, but work being what it was on that weekend, didn't get to make it. I didn't know there was a rule you had to send an e-mail saying wether you were coming or not. I guess I'll know for next year. Sometimes things get hectic for some people and they can't just drop everything to send an email in the niddle of a crisis. Sorry.

18. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    There is no rule that you need to send an e-mail that your planning on attending or not. Think Tony was trying to say it was sort of a courtesy to the organizer to know about how many was going to attend so they could have it better organized. Business are more apt to donate prizes if you can show them a list with 150 or so people who say they will attend rather than one with 35. Then the park management is more apt to be willing to locate a sizeable group of camping areas that's together for a large group rather than shotgun approach a small group. Sure hope none of you guys get your hair in a ruffle over the thread - I am sure it was not intended that way. Just a desire to make each succeeding gathering better than the previous one.

19. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Vince, it is not a rule, more of a suggestion for next year. I was mainly just disapointed that there were not more of our new Oklahoma members there.

20. mrwhiskr

mrwhiskr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Maybe like me some new members got a little pi**ed and being censored for passing along good info and decided not to show up and be censored again.

I still fish Keystone