Missing Kids!

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by blackwaterkatz, Jan 14, 2006.

1. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I'm not one to ask for help unless I really need to, but I'm asking for prayers now, as we have been waiting for word on 2 missing boys, ages 5 & 12, who haven't been seen since about 4:30 this afternoon, along with their black lab. They are grandsons of 2 of my wife's first cousins in neighboring Berkeley county. They live on the edge of Francis Marion National Forest near Jamestown. Both bicycles are in the yard of my wife's aunt, but it has been 6 hours and no sign of them as yet. I've been sitting here listening to the scanner, my health won't allow me to do much over there. The DNR is on scene and a helicopter, I think is enroute. Dozens of friends and neighbors, along with the rescue squad have been searching the area since around dark. My daughter and her husband are there with the rescue squad, and she keeps calling when she can, but so far no luck.
    Not much more can be done, but prayers, and I thank you all in advance. It's cold out there, 39 deg and windy, with temps forecast to drop into the upper 20's tonight. Those kids must be terribly cold and frightened right now, and the families worried sick. Hopefully someone will locate them soon.

2. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Tom, you have my heartfelt feelings and prayers for their safe return.
    I have 4 of my own and I cannot imagine how I would feel, should they be misssing.
    God watch over and protect them.

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Man I'm sorry to hear that bad news....they are in my prayers.

4. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Thats is terrible news. I am praying for them. Thats all I can do from here. Keep us updated please.

5. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Still no word. Local tv just had a live report from the scene, but nothing positive to report. Haven't heard from my daughter in several hours, but cell service is bad over there. Kids were reported to be wearing only light clothing, temp is around 38, and the wind is blowing about 15 - 20+ mph.
    There are a lot of thick woods around there, and swampy, but the kids are said to not normally wander off into the woods.
    Thanks for the concern...keep praying for the kids and their families.

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    There still in my prayers man.....and keep us updated please.

7. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Tommy, Judy and I are praying for their safe return and for our Lord to keep them warm and comfort their hearts and minds. We are praying for you and all your family also buddy. Please tell the folks looking for them to check all the car trunks and things like that around there.

8. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    All I can do is pray for their safe return keep us posted please

9. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    White light, love and prayers from TN to SC. May God watch over them and bring them home safe.

10. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Y'all will be in our prayers.

11. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    My daughter just called and confirmed what I hoped I was hearing on the scanner. The kids were found safe about 2AM, several hundred yards back in the woods. They appeared to be fine, didn't even have to transport to hospital. The dog was still with them and they had huddled up to keep warm. The wind had made it difficult to hear anything. The helicopter had a heat-seeking device, but for some reason didn't pick them up, but one of the searchers happened up on them, and by 2:30 had made it out to the nearest road.
    Thanks for the prayers, all, and God Bless.

12. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    That's wonderful news! I'm so glad they were found unharmed. :)

13. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Tommy that is fantastic news:) I am so happy for you and them.:)

14. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Just goes to show you, Our GOD is an AWESOME God!! Prayers answered!! Glad to hear everything turned out fine, Tommy.

15. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    Tommy,I just got up to go back into work and seen your post.I'm so glad the kids are home safe.They sound like pretty smart kids to have stayed put and stay together.I give thanks to the lord above they made it home.I hope everyone else is o.k also ,because I know they were so scared.Now go get some rest because I know you've worried yourself sick also,get some rest.

16. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Aww a happy ending in this story.:)

Just thank the good lord above and the workers willing to go and search for them..

I have done this on many of occasion.

17. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Tommy, that is wonderful news my friend, thank you for letting us know. Our Lord has answered all our prayers once again and we thank Him for bringing the little ones home safe.:thumbsup:

18. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Praise the Lord and God Bless all who came to the rescue.

19. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks again, folks. I didn't unwind to where I could sleep until about 5am and just drug out of bed a short time ago. Everyone that was out there is probably still resting, so I don't have any more details. Just to know the boys are safe is enough. My daughter did tell me that the black lab, even though soaking wet at the time, rode out of the woods sitting in her lap, a seat of honor, I guess. LOL
    When I hear of these things, whether I know the people or not, always hits close to home. I tend to put myself in other's position, to imagine their feelings and thoughts, and I know for sure the torment I would feel if it were one of my kids.

20. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Great news Tommy! I just got home from work ands saw the post myself.