Missed my money fish

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by upncomincatfishking, Oct 3, 2006.

1. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    i went fishin saturday night with a couple of buddies and we didnt catch anything all night but these other guys were slammin them all night .so the next mornin my buddy gets one on a 21lb shovel head.and my line starts to pull out slow and instead of grabbin it cause i thought it was his fish tangled up in my line cause he was right next to me.come to find out he wasnt and by the time i realized and set my hook it was to late it came loose and he got away i had for a second i would guess 35lbs

2. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sorry to hear that...good luck next time bro

3. zwaylon

zwaylon New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ive missed a few to still waiting on the big one just be patient it will come

4. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    youll get em next time man!

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    probably should have set the hook sooner no matter what. A tangled up mess with a big fish on the end is a welcomed problem.

6. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i try to know where my lines are no matter what.. and even if i think its someone and not something i still go ahead and set the hook have lost many fish thinking different.. But im sorry to hear you lost him, but it gives you something to look forward to on the next trip and so on...