Missed a bunch of runs tonight

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by whiteriverbigcats, Aug 5, 2006.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Went out to the 16th St. Dam and got some good runs just didnt set the hook on any... Man that gits to me... First time i had come home from there empty handed... Good thing i got tommorrow and the next day and the next day and so on...

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I bet your heartbeat never slowed down during those runs either. Kind of like having a big buck in your sights but behind a tree and no clear shot. Better luck next time though.

3. serb

serb New Member

State:
    Drexel Hill, PA
    I was lucky tonight and hooked into a bunch, but none of great size... though I did miss one that broke my line and I am still "wondering" since I fought it for 5 minutes and it was still half way out from my original cast. There was this crazy snag area I was fishing in and I would try to muscle the fish away from it... but the big boy went in there and got stuck. It was my last bluegill as well, so I had to use the chubs I caught earlier in the day.

A 9.5lb channel was the biggest tonight, the flats were 5-6lbs... but the one I lost made the channel feel like a sunny... that is why I will be back as soon as I get a new rod since mine broke tonight.

4. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    If i can make a suggestion.. When you go out and buy a new rod... Go Fine yourself a Quantum Big Cat rod.. generation 2... Trust me you will be very pleased and they have a 6 yr warrenty and doesnt matter if its your fault if it breaks... Just make sure you keep the receipt and register it.. they run about $40.00..... i have two and havent owned a better pole.....But the next time i go out they wont be so lucky

5. serb

serb New Member

State:
    Drexel Hill, PA
    I am looking at that rod, an Ugly Stik 8' MH catfish and the Cabelas King Kat... my change mug is about ready to be cashed in, so by next week I should be on the river again since I will have to buy it online due to local stores not having anything that suits my needs.

thanks

6. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Ugly sticks are nice. but you cant go wrong with the Quantum..

7. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Hey WhiteRiverBigCats doesn'''t my 3lber get an honorable mention. I know what happened we didn't bet a soda pop on the first or biggest fish. lol
    you'll get next time. I really had a good time.

8. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I would like to take a moment and step down as the white river catfish king and give my crown to CatSeeman for his Couragous battle with the horrific 3.4 pound channel cat he caught this evening.... Cause all i caught was Bait.. and i didnt do very good at that.... LMAO... haha Hail to the NEW CATFISH KING!!!

9. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Anybody that can reel in a tire gator like his has to crowned king.LMAO

10. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    HAHA... he told me the story behind that tonight...LMAO..Tire Gator.... haha.. Wonder if it was Goodyear or Firestone Species?

11. Kattywumpus

Kattywumpus New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I've had a lot of drops lately, too. Probably smaller channel cats or little flatties. I gave up on circle hooks and went back to trebles. More hook ups on treble hooks for me.

12. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    my dad and I had this happen one night below truman dam no water running tho we had live shad on and using heavy rods not wal mart stuff we where tightlining set up with 30lb line. well we had 3 or 4 rods smashed over and drags peeled fought the fish for a few seconds then come lose during the night we thought for sure big blues 50 lbs plus. told our friend thats a fishing guide about it he said he seen alot of spoonboll on his fishfinder in that area and said thats what they where.

13. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    where was ya fishing Shane?