Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
Don from Glendale Arizona
4,966 Posts
Man, the cooler weather has slowed my mirror catch to zero for the past couple of months. Having fair to middlin' success with the commons and the occasional goldfish, but I sure miss the surprise scale patterns of the occasional mirror.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Lake michigan monster. New pb at 20lbs 1oz. Wild wild fight and my first non fully. I believe that's my 7th ever mirror and my first mirror over 20. He took a double stack of hair rigged plastic fake corn with a bolt rigged 2oz lead with my classic packbait recipe.

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
Very cool looking fish dude, congrats on the new pb!

Almost looks like his eye might be blind or missing?!?
He was missing an eye. Pretty common in lake michigan. I'd say one in 15 carp are missing an eye... a combination of alot of current and jagged rocks. Must have happened a while ago as it was healed up. Made netting the fish alot easier.

·
Registered
Don from Glendale Arizona
4,966 Posts
Man, the cooler weather has slowed my mirror catch to zero for the past couple of months. Having fair to middlin' success with the commons and the occasional goldfish, but I sure miss the surprise scale patterns of the occasional mirror.
Finally ended my mirror drought yesterday. Got a 10 lb near-linear and a 6 lb apple slice. It was good to see 'em again.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts