Miracle In Stairway "b"

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathead willie, Aug 15, 2006.

1. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I just watched the History Channel's report on the firefighters that were trapped and later rescued in stairway "B" of the World Trade Center on 9/11. Every time I see the footage of that day I get mad all over again. And now I can't sleep for thinking about it.
    I hope everyone on this board teaches their children about that day and never lets them forget that 19 religious fanatics took the lives of 443 firefighters and almost 3,000 innocent civilians from all over the world. I hope that long after I'm dead and gone that the numbers 9/11 will cause people in this country to bow their heads in prayer, rememberance and respect for those 3,000, and for the more than 3,000 who have died since that dreadfull day, to ensure everyones right live and worship in a free world. I hope no one ever forgets what happened that day and I hope that on every election day, everyone will vote according to how each candidate stands when it comes to fighting terrorists, here or abroad.
    Maybe I take it too personally but I hope not. My brother, who lives in Boston, would have been on Flight 11 that day on his way to a business meeting, if it hadn't been for his being late getting to the airport. My sister lives and works in New York for the worlds largest publisher of text books which are written in almost every language for kids all over the world. Luckily she was working from home that day or she AND my brother could have been among those 3,000 dead. My Grandfather was a fireman in New York and later in Jersey City. He was killed when a car pulled out in front of his Hook & Ladder and he was thrown into a brick wall. His wife and my Dad were standing on that corner on their way to church. It turned out to be a false alarm. Just a practical joke!

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Didn't anyone else watch this program?