Minnows

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by bwwwww, Dec 14, 2009.

1. bwwwww

bwwwww New Member

State:
    mo
    Does anyone know of a good place to trap minnows near South St Louis city? Thanks.
    J

2. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    try bing-maps. you can find a creek real close to your house and run over and scout it. I have luck baiting mine with dog food. :wink:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009

3. bwwwww

bwwwww New Member

State:
    mo
    Thanks. The dog won't be pleased when she reads this. Dry or wet dog food?

4. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    i use cheap dry dog food. i found it worked the best for me.

5. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    You can also use google earth. I use it to find potential spots then scout them.

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Not sure if this is the correct name but the creeks here are loaded with these bait fish.6 to 7 inches long, and ton's of them the size of crappie minnows. I know bass will hammer em, anybody catfish with them? Not sure how durable they are or would freeze some.

7. bwwwww

bwwwww New Member

State:
    mo
    Thanks. I think I'll need to scoot South a bit. There don't seem to be too many creeks near the city. The River Des Peres contains only Brown "Chubs", so I'll steer clear.:smile2:

8. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    i think i am to far south for you to come down here but i got a couple spots here. if you would drive down here i could give you a couple spots. mostly creeks with pools and real shallow is what i use.

9. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: Yeah stay away from them river des peres brown chubs...:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    FLOOTERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::crazy::crazy::confused2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

11. bwwwww

bwwwww New Member

State:
    mo
    Actually, Motopro, I do pass through Festus from time to time, to and from St Joe. Any good bait locations would be appreciated.

12. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
  13. Fishin'_Fool

Fishin'_Fool New Member

State:
    Moberly MO
    You may find this hard to believe, but if you bait your traps with pieces of styrofoam it will attract fish. You don't have to worry about rebaiting your traps this way either.

14. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    never heard that one but I would not be surprised. I will keep my eye out for some and try it out.:wink:

15. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    White Styrofoam is all I use unless I am trying to trap bullheads. It will get minnows, perch, creek chubs and little bass.