Minnows near KC?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by LinesIN, Apr 28, 2009.

1. LinesIN

LinesIN New Member

State:
    KS
    Hi all,

Just wondering where or if there are places aside from Brown's (off of Dennis in Olathe) to buy minnows. Seems weird there are no other bait shops near Shawnee Mission Park or somewhere. Does Bass Pro sell minnows?

Thanks in advance...

2. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Minnesota Bait and Fly in Kansas City off Minnesota Ave has the biggest selection.

3. tmramrod91

tmramrod91 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I'm pretty sure Cabelas sells minnows as well. I know they have goldfish. BPS doesnt have jack as far as bait goes. Worms is about it.

In the southern area I'm pretty sure Browns is the only game in town, or at least thats the only place I could find when I lived down there.

4. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    i35 and Gardner rd the gas station there sells minnows. Last week I paid for 2 dozen and got about 5 dozen and the remaining 20 are still alive in my bait tank over a week later.

5. LinesIN

LinesIN New Member

State:
    KS
    Thanks for the info, seemed like there weren't too many places. Appreciate the headsup about the gas station...I'll have to check that one out.

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Jared,welcome to the BOC.......

Check out the gathering site.We will be having our Mega-gathering on June 5-6-7 at Melvern.

Will be a lot of us there that weekend be nice if you can camp or just swing by and say hey....

Look forward to meeting you..

7. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    There used to be a convenience store, Short Stop, on 83rd Street just off Metcalf than had minnows. They closed last year, and left a big gap in the area crappie minnow market.

8. millertimemarine

millertimemarine Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Name:
    Wyatt
    Is Blatt's Tackle still open on Nieman Rd. and Johnson Drive? Kind of by carquest.

9. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    No they are not. Used to be my favorite bait shop. He would put a new eye on a pole for the cost of the eye. Thats where I bought my first big river rod the Berkley E-Cat #4. I sure miss that bait shop! :sad2: