Minnkota help in Charleston area

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Gomer, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    I need a longer shaft replaced on my minn. I have the shaft but it is a composit shaft and needs to be heated to break the seal at the motor, and am told by minn that if not done right it will break off at the top of the motor and then you are really messed up. Does any one know of someone around charleston who can help me?? I perfer not to have to send it back to the minnkota factory.

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Gomer, there used to be a place in Summerville called OMNI Research that was supposed to be the place to go. Haven't used them in years now, but you might look in the phone book.
    I'd be inclined to return it to either the factory or an authorized repair facility, to be safe, but that's just me. Usually their turn-around time isn't too bad, most places. I don't know of any other repair shops around, but maybe this will help you a little...
    hold on; I did a quick check and there is supposed to be on in Chapin and Greenville You can do a search here: http://www.minnkotamotors.com/support/index.asp

3. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Thanks tom I'll see if I can find them