minnesota river

Discussion in 'MINNESOTA RIVERS TALK' started by DAREWOOD11, Feb 12, 2008.

1. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    anyone fish the minnesota near la seur??? i went there 8 years ago and i caught a couple nice flatheads so im thinkin of returning this summer....i was wonderin if theres any good places to put a boat in round there...and any good holes...thanks in advance for any info

2. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Andy, I live in Le Sueur and spend most of my time fishing the River. I would suggest any landings between Le Sueur, Henderson, Belle Plaine or Carver. Most of the guys I talk to seem to drop in near Henderson or Belle Plaine.

Shoot me a PM if you need more info.

3. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    THANKS FOR THE INFO!!!

4. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Some friends and I made it up there about five years ago a caught some real nice Flathead. We put in at Leseur (spelling?) one night and Mankato one night. The Ramp at the Park in Mankato was terrible. I wonder how it is now. I would love to make that trip again. I sold my small Jon and Bought a 20 ft. seaark with a 115 Four stroke, I don't know if I could get it around up there or not?

5. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Rob, I have never tried the mankato ramp, but I do know you gotta be careful around here for how deep it is.

Check back before you go on the waterlevels and you should be fine though

6. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    THANKS EVERYONE FOR UR INFO

7. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I gotta get down to the Minnesota this year.
    I hear a lot about it.
    Chad you think you might be interested in showing me around.
    I would bring my boat and we could hit alot of spots.
    I've never caught a flat, there are none where I do most of my fishing.

8. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Dave I'd love to show you around, but there are probably some other guys on here much more suited for it. I am just beginning to learn the river myself and the past 2 years my haunts have been relegated to shorefishing.

If you plan on coming down, I would be glad to show you what I do know though.

9. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Dave,
    there are some good flats in the Croix below Taylors falls and on the MISS.
    The MN is my favorite, Ive pulled lots of Pigs out of there the last couple years.
    The Channel crop is getting to be really nice. Lots of 10lb class and bigger were caught by many last year.
    Just a word of caution on the MN there can be alot of debris, especially when the water is up.
    Take it slow till you get a better grasp of it.
    Good luck

10. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Thanks, for the info.
    I haven't been to the franconia or Oseola landing yet due to I hear they aren't very good. The thing about landing at either of those is you can't go any further south than the high bridge near apple river. All because of zebra muscles. I do plan on hitting the lower Croix and the mississippi this year also.
    I just don't know where to start.
    The upper St. Croix has alot of debris in the spring and after heavy rains also. Debris don't scare me, after all I'm in a river pro.
    Maybe a few of us could get together and hit some different spots this year.

11. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Well My Friend,
    If you have an RP there are no bounds that you can't get to. All that debris is a good thing. The upper Croix is pretty Snaggy, find some of that mixed with some holes deeper than 8ft and you got the recipe for a nice Flathead.
    Man, I wish it was spring!!!!

12. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    me too!!! im definitely makin a trip up there this spring!!

13. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Maybe I'll see some of ya there, hows the MN around New Ulm? I did some fishing around Kato, but so long ago I don't remember where. Looking forward to summer.