Minnesota River - Looking for advice...

Discussion in 'MINNESOTA RIVERS TALK' started by flatheadfool, Jun 28, 2008.

1. flatheadfool

flatheadfool New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    The Minnesota River, popped in behind Shakopee a couple weeks ago. No luck on any flatties for two days. Any advice, better areas on the river?

2. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    How long you been fishing back there?
    Its a good location... Got some nice fish from that area...
    What was the water level when you were there. Its been fluctuating alot right now..
    Hang in there. It might be slow over the next few weeks with the flats starting to spawn.... But I've know a lot of people that have pulled massive fish out of the area.
    Check out my you tube for fish pulled out of the Minnesota river.
    I fish from chaska down to the confluence, All my biggest have been in that area.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/LFlatcaster

3. flatheadfool

flatheadfool New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    That was my first time on the Minneosta. I live about two hours North by Grasston, plenty of channels up here but my son and I sure would like to lock horns with some flatheads. I caught a few last year near the Ford dam, no hogs but fun as can be. Was thinking about trying the St. Croix tonight. Thank you for the response, I am fairly new to the flathead adventure but deeply dedicated, it is nice to have some advice and I appreciate it. Want to get my 12 year old boy into some flatties, you would not be able to wipe the smile from his face!

4. catfishchet

catfishchet New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    We've caught quite a few flat heads there too. Try dropping in at 106th/35w and fishing to and past 169. Theres quite a few nice log jams in there but it still may be too high.