Minnesota river 7/2 Catfishing Report

Discussion in 'MINNESOTA RIVERS TALK' started by Larry, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Explored some new water in the MN river last night. Managed to boat 2 decent flat heads. One was 12lbs and the other 28.13lbs 38inches 26 girth.
    fun time. Ryan...... if I remember right yours was at 24lbs. :roll_eyes:
    We got an entire month before the tourney is done.
    thanks
    Larry

Attached Files:

2. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Nice fish! On sunday I was on some new water mysellf. A friend got access to some private land and we headed out there. I had a fish run off with my bully like a frieght train but missed him. This spot looks like it can hold some very large fish. Heading back there tonight armed with some braut burgers and some rum n cokes, gonna do it up in style tonight. Hopefully we'll get a hook into some of these fish tonight. I headed out after work this morning to go catch some bullies and it was so nice out. Hope it stays nice tonight as well! Happy 4th of July!!!:cool2:

3. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Knock em Dead Rob,
    sounds like you might have a HOG HOT SPOT> The food will be good and the Drinks even better. Be safe.
    Better bring a camera. Its funny how Beer Goggles work the same way on fish as they do Women. LOL:eek:oooh:
    sorry couldnt resist.
    later
    Larry

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Way to go Larry Gosh its been slow for me the last fue weeks guess im not holding my mouth right os something. LOL thanks for sharing. Rep points to you Sir. J.D.Straka:big_smile:

5. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Looks like the makin's of a new Avatar:big_smile: ...bet Dreadnaught would fix ya right up!:wink:

6. Shamu

Shamu New Member

State:
    Inver Gorve Heights,MN
    Good job. Nice fish Larry. Call me and let me know the details.

7. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    Nice fish Larry, good to hear the flatheads are biting for you. I always like to hear from fellow Minnesotans catching quality catfish! :smile2:

8. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    Larry, what are your plans for this coming Friday?

9. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Hey Ryan,
    Good to see you back in action. How was the vacation?
    This Friday I'm fishing. (the wife is out of town this weekend so It will be an all nighter. Plan on working the MN river a little, and probably will be hitting the Mississippi pool 2.
    so I wouldnt be able to fish then.
    I am probably gonnna fish on Sat Eve. also. Don't have anyone joining me as of yet. You got first dibs on the seat if it works for you. Let me know soon.
    The MN river is really low now. I like it like that. Its nice to finally break the 7-8lb barrier with the flatties. The channel bite is starting to pick up.
    thanks
    Larry

10. Shamu

Shamu New Member

State:
    Inver Gorve Heights,MN
    great fish larry

11. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    My fiance is off both Fri And Sat, so I hope to do some fishing. I do have some company stopping by on Saturday, but I dont think they are staying all that long. I should know by the next day or two for sure.

I havent even been near the river in almost 2 weeks, so I cant wait to see what it looks like.

Vacation was great....minus the bad sunburn. 7 days of sitting in a boat with 80+ temps does wonders for a tan.

I'm glad to be back, and I missed talking to ya'll.

Any plans of going to to either of the get-togethers down in Iowa??