Minnesota gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL MINNESOTA TALK' started by nuthinlikeacat, Feb 16, 2006.

1. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    Just wanted everyones thoughts on having a couple of possible gatherings here in MN this year.

2. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Hey Ryan,
    Count me in, I know that KJR, Shamu and Catcommander would probably be up for it. I like the ideas that you posted about differenct locations. I'm interested in doing one on the Mississippi for sure.
    We have two boats in our group. Probably not enough room for everyone to fish from. but big enough that we could transport up to 10 people to a shore location that others cant get at.
    Just an idea for now.
    But count me in.
    Larry

3. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    Ryan & Larry,

You guys can count me in as well. I have a few good fishin' buddies that would be happy to join also. We might need to find a pretty spread out area where we can all set up shop.

JMan (Jared)

4. nuthinlikeacat

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    Hopefully as more members join here in MN we can get some more input as to where some good locations would be up here in the cities. We will definitely have to choose a spot or spots that can accomodate a fair amount of people.I'd hate to plan on places that cant accomodate a bunch of people then find out we have more people than expected coming.

If we do choose to have one of the gatherings near the Mankato area, I know the perfect spot. In ST Peter there is a campground right on the river, the boat landing is right there, and there is about 5 miles of great fishing on and off shore that produces many cats in the 40+ pound range. I'm not sure of the pricing, but I wanted to say it was fairly cheap, like 12 bucks a night for a basic tent site. I'll be down that way either this Friday or next weekend. I will do some checking to see what they could do to accomodate us.

5. MNwiskers21

MNwiskers21 New Member

State:
    South Saint Paul, MN
    Hello Everyone,

You don't know how glad I am to see that there is a gathering in the works for this summer. I mainly fish the mississippi river in the metro area and the st. croix river right in downtown hudson wisconsin. I also fish down near the faribault and waterville area, my family has a cabin on lake tetonka right outside of waterville so I quit frequently am down that way on the weekends during the summer. Please keep me upto date with the info that pretains to the gathering this summer because I definatly want to be a part of it. If you don't mind or would like to keep in touch with me via my email address here it is kevin_pttr@yahoo.com. Thank You All

Take Care Everyone!

Sincerely, Kevin

6. catfishermanj

catfishermanj New Member

State:
    Illinois - McHenry
    I guess I'll refresh this for you guys. I'm in Illinois but I plan on making a few trips up to Minnesota this year, St. Cloud area. I would be interested in fishing with you guys when you have the dates set. I know for channels, look at the Horeshoe Chain Of Lakes in the Richmond area. Actually, the channels in this chain is one of the reasons I plan on making a few trips.

7. Ryan

Ryan New Member

State:
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Lots of channels in the Horseshoe chain in Richmond. You should have a great time.

I'd be interested in some get-togethers.

8. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Welcome aboard Ryan,
    where do you primarily fish in the cities?

9. Ryan

Ryan New Member

State:
    Crystal, Minnesota
    I just got into cattin' last summer. Fished mostly pool 1. Downtown Minneapolis has some good cat action.

10. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I got into it last year as well. Spent all my time on the MN and did really well on the Flatheads as well as nice Channels.
    After a winter of prep and research, I'm ready to fish some spots on the Mississippi, hopefully will be able to hit below the Dam at the Ford Bridge, as early as mid to end of next week.

11. Ryan

Ryan New Member

State:
    Crystal, Minnesota
    I've never fished below the dam there, but have fished above the dam quite a bit.

12. catfishhunter23

catfishhunter23 New Member

State:
    minnesota
    hello all, im from willmar area, when and where for this gathering i have a good grip of guys who would join me, count us in. i usually fish the minnesota by redwood falls area,, a little by st. cloud. not to much. anyone been out getting any bites yet. im going out on a 3 day camping trip on the 21st. catfishing the whole time hopefully.

13. Shamu

Shamu New Member

State:
    Inver Gorve Heights,MN
    I am in for a get together as larry said
    :)

14. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Hey Shamu!!!
    Were gonna have to hit the river Next weekend 4/22 - 4/23.
    The biggins are holleran for us!!
    good to see you pokin around.
    later
    Larry

15. jagrizzle

jagrizzle New Member

State:
    minnesota
    hey guys- a summer get together would be great i have been fishing a spot on the mississippi in st. paul off shepard road that has 2 huge eddies that hold some good channel and flathead, along with all other game and rough fish. none the less it a very exciting spot to fish with lots of room to spread out.. let me know what you guys think..
    -jack

16. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    Jack,

I live in St. Paul not far from Shepard Road. Where on Shepard Road are you referring to? I would love to check it out.

17. jagrizzle

jagrizzle New Member

State:
    minnesota
    :) J-Man
    go up to the hidden falls#2 park and walk the shore toward thedam you can only get to one of he eddies by shore, the other is on the tail end of an island that is right under the dam it creats a huge eddie with lots of action.. the shore spot is the one i usually fish great spot for all times of the year accept when the river is to high. check it out and let me know how you do.
    jack

18. catfish156123

catfish156123 New Member

State:
    Currie, Minnesota
    Has anyone come up with a place and time of a get together. Depends on the week-end I would be willing to get there. Any thoughts of where and when.

catfish156123

19. nuthinlikeacat

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    Rex,
    I was hoping for one in the earlier part of this year, then maybe one towards Fall. Maybe one down near the St Peter/Mankato area, and one up near/in the cities area.

Was down near St Peter a couple days ago, and the river is way to high/dangerous in my mind to put a few boats in. Lots of big Debris still floating downstream.

As for me, with my fiance's work schedule, I can only plan a few weeks in advance as well.