Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Minn Kota Wiring.

873 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ninwnc 
#1 ·
I just traded for a pontoon boat to catfish out of. It didn't have a trolling motor. I bought the plug kit with the boat side and trolling motor side plugs. The boat side is a male connector and the plug on the trolling motor is a male connector. So I went to change the connector on the trolling motor to a female connector.

When I stripped the tape off the old plug, only 2 wires were connected. The wires that are connected to the trolling motor are the ground, and the wire for 24 volts. There is a red wire on the plug that some one cut and just tapped into the harness on the trolling motor side.

I don't know where in the pedal this wire for 12 volts would connect. There are only two wires coming from the pedal. There is not a wire that has been cut coming from the pedal.

The trolling motor is a Minn Kota Edge, All terrain. I guess I can just run it as a 24 volt and see what happens. Any inputs or ideas are welcome.

Thanks,

Nick

#5 ·
I am going to hook up the ground and hook up the other wire to the 24 volt terminal on the plug. Should work OK. The "missing" wire is from the 12 volt side of the plug.

Reactions: SteveMcK
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.