Minn Kota Deckhand 40 wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by shadmaster, Feb 25, 2008.

1. shadmaster

shadmaster New Member

State:
    OK
    I needed to pull the cowl off my winch and some of the wires came off the spade connectors. My problem turned out to be a faulty ground. Now I'm not sure of the connections and don't want to guess and take a chance on shorting out some of the componets. Anybody got a wiring diagram? I would imagine that all the models are the same.

2. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    That would be something I would call MinnKota with in the morning. I would not want to take it for granted all models are the same or that I guessed. You could very easily go found problem (bad ground) to more problems to fix.

Thanks
    David

3. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have a Deckhand 40 anchor winch and I just checked my owners manual,and there is a schematic in it,but it is not a very good one. I have had the cover off of mine on numerous occasions when I was mounting it on my boat,and if I remember right there only a couple of wires that you have to disconnect to get the cover off. If I can be of further help to you send me a PM and I'll help you in any way that I can.

4. shadmaster

shadmaster New Member

State:
    OK
    I located a minn kota repair place and got the wiring diagram. Got her hooked up and working. Thanks