Mini sluice fits in a 5 gallon bucket

Discussion in 'Metal Detecting' started by vini, May 10, 2007.

1. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I started out with just a sluice this is a 4 inch wide by about 21 inch long but what happened was I would have to get into the middle of a creek to get enough current and got tired of stacking up rocks(cobbles) to lay it on so had the legs made and brackets attached so legs were removable.

Then got into creeks where there just wasn't enough water to get the current needed to wash the gravel and sand over the riffles in the sluice so I upgradeed it with a submersible water pump and had spraybar attached LOL I think I about have it where I want it should be getting out this sunday to try it and my dredge out finally.

Total cost so far $75.00 still need to buy a 12 volt battery and a charger another $60 more or less depending .

Attached Files:

2. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Hey, one great idea.
    Bill

3. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    It can also be used as a recirculator all you need is a big bucket filled with water, say you wanted to work some material from home this can easily be done with something like this.

I got the battery today and a charger another $75 but we're ready to rock n roll now....

4. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Vini, that's some nice work. Now lets get some close up's of the gold laying against them riffles

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Thanks for the info and pictures.
    I hope some day, To try to use one in East tn. May Not find much. But it would be fun to say I have hunted for gold.
    Pete

6. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    You'd be surprised Shioh

http://www.treasurefish.com/tennessee civil war.htm

7. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    This Sunday Bob I got permission to go on a guys private property thru the club I joined, finally will get out and fire up the dredge and run the mini sluicer, definetly get pics and video if gold is found:big_smile:

8. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Go Vini!!!

Yeah, We'd all like to see you hit it big, heck we'd all just like to see you hit something.

9. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Whadaya mean, Bob... Appears he's hittin' the mastercard pretty regular...:lol:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    One man with courage is a majority. (Thomas Jefferson 1743-1826)

10. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC

I'm talkin' "GOLD" you twit. We all hit the mastercard pretty hard.:lol:

11. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    OK now yeah, I have put some change into this its all chump change though :tounge_out: before I go wild and go for the big stuff got see how i'm going to like doing this, almost everythings been used stuff i've bought I probably have $1,000 wrapped up in all so far and guess what?

| GOT GOLD TODAY YUP YUP :lol: Maybe $10.00 worth is all but it's something

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/lardbucket/colorfromfresnoriver2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/lardbucket/colorfromfresnoriver.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/lardbucket/goldflakesfresnoriver.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/lardbucket/littlegoldfresnoriver.jpg

12. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Outstanding Vini! Now get up to the Klamuth and Salmon rivers and fill that bottle and many more.

13. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Aww man, that will get the ole heart to pumpin. Way to go Vini!!! Just knowing there is gold in the area would fire me up pretty good.

14. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Way to go Vini.Thanks for sharing pictures.

15. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Vini, this is only a gram, but it's the flake you'll find if you get to the Klamuth river. Nice looking gold flake, wouldn't take much to make an ounce.

Attached Files:

16. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    That is so sweet looking Bob, sometime this year I am headed to the feather to do some fishin but guess what the sluice box or dredge or both are going to be right along with me YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT.....

I have a few outings set up , may go back to that same spot this next sunday and try to work it a bit harder then memorial day weekend of course is a 2-3 day trip up above Coulterville on a claim the club I joined has.

Then next month the big Merced river will open up I hope, that hasn't been dredged in a few years I hear do to high water it never got opened i'll find out Friday if that will be open to dredging this year or not.

I joined PLP2 wrote my letters to the Governor and also Senators since the DFG is going to TRY taking away alot of our dredging rights , you have progbably hear about AB 1032 Bill :

California Assembly Bill 1032 acts to amend Fish and Game Code Section 5653 (use of any vacuum or suction dredge equipment), and to amend, repeal, and add Section 5653.7

This bill, if approved, authorizes the Department of Fish and Game to prohibit small scale mining activities from occurring on valid Federal mining claims on public land as authorized in the Mining Law of 1872.

This bill, if approved, permits the Department of Fish and Game to close waters to suction dredging if the department determines closure is necessary to protect fish and wildlife resources. It does not outline department requirements prior to enacting such closure.

This bill seeks to blame small scale miners but does not address other activities such as fishing, rafting, kayaking, cattle grazing. The Department of Fish and Game has yet to complete comprehensive studies which prove that small scale mining activities adversely affect fish dwelling waters. On 20 Dec 2006, the California Department of Fish and Game was ordered by Alameda County Court Judge Sabraw to complete an Environmental Impact Report on suction dredging within 18 months of the Court Order.

There have been, however, factual studies conducted by multiple sources which conclude that suction dredging on rivers and streams actually increases spawning conditions by breaking up severely compacted river gravels and bed surface materials. Studies also show that fish congregate to old mining gravels as their choice for spawning and rearing.

AB 1032 contains no factual evidence which indicates that small scale miners utilizing suction dredges on Federally approved mining claims are responsible for degrading the habitat or spawning grounds of any fish or wildlife. For this reason, the below signed petitioners oppose AB 1032.

17. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    There just a state with more than their fair share of freakin' whackos in Ca.

Damn the facts, let's just ban it. Some moron's concept and if they can raise enough hell, it gets noticed. Then there's always some group of other morons with more money than brains that will go along with it.

Kick their butts!!!

I'm gonna try a bit of dredging over the hoilday weekend also, only it'll be here in NC in the Uwharrie river.

18. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Got invited up to a mine a guy opened last year he has'nt found any gold yet but there looking, thats saturday then sunday going back up to run the dredge where i went last week.

I'll be taking out the metal detector to the mine have a garretts GTAx 1250 borrowed from a friend hoping to find artifacts and gold if its there.

YEAH I talked to one of those greenies the other day he's my moms boyfriend LOL, he says that dredging causes to much damage what a load of carp, doesn't cause nearly, not even close to the damage runoffs cause, and the fish there aint no wild fish left down where we dredge its all planted and the salmon don't spawn that high up because of the DAMS, so now there trying to save every other blessed thing the breaths and grows,,, its a joke.

Theres gold in the Uwharrie river that much is sure good luck Bob lets see what you find.

19. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I hope you set your mother's moron straight about it.

20. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    First thought was to pummel him to the ground LOL, second thought was Mom so he got a pass:lol: