Mini Member Catfish Gathering this winter, Cincinnati?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by tbull, Oct 7, 2008.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey guys, wanted to see what some of you think about a mini gathering this winter in the cincy area. Maybe just pick a weekend where a few of the local guys can get together for some blue cattin. Nothing crazy that is gonna drain everyone's wallet, just a 1 day thing where we meet in the morning and fish all day. Think it would be kind of neat. Let me know what you all think..Any local guys from Ky and Indiana would be more than welcome also. If it turns into a bigger gathering then so be it, just want to keep it as cheap and simple and possible. Maybe some of the northern Ohio guys just drive cars down, and the local guys take the boats to keep it more economical. Again don't want to break the bank here, could be pretty fun though. If anyone has any ideas on dates that would be good let me know. If guys from around here want to PM me also, so I know who may be interested, and who will have boats and how many people can fish off it and keep it comfortable.... Let me know....:cool2:

2. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    I WAS ALREADY COUNTING ON IT SO DEFINITELY COUNT ME IN . I'M AT WORK RIGHT NOW AND FISHING TONIGHT BUT I'LL PM YOU WHEN I GET A CHANCE. FISHING IS TAKING PRESIDENCE OVER MOST THINGS GOING ON IN MY WORLD RIGHT NOW. SO IF I CAN AVOID CONFLICTS WITH WIFE AND CHILDRENS PLANS ANY THING ELSE I'LL GLADLY PUT OFF TO GO ON ANY WEEKEND.

3. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Perhaps a fun tourney in the works, can probably count me and Mellon in!
    Just need a date before it gets too cold. Are you thinking Schmidt or Tanners??

Salmonid

4. ohiocattin15

ohiocattin15 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    im in, just let me know when and where

5. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    You can count me in on it. See what we can do to get some BOC guys together. I think it would be a good time.Lets see whats the date is gonna be and i will get off work for it beings i work every freakin weekend.:confused2::confused2::confused2:

6. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Before it gets to cold???? What gives Salmonid???:smile2::smile2:....Thats the best time my friend..:wink:.....I get what your saying though, I was thinking sometime in November or early December. Hey a tourney sounds good to me, maybe bragging rights? Winner is whoever catches the biggest "oversized channel" right Rollo?:smile2: Sorry guys I started work at 6am got home and did another tree job so I am kind of tired and whacked out...Yeah Josh we got to get your shift changed asap...Can't be cuttin in to our winter time fishing...:confused2:

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Ramps I am not sure, I know Schmidt shuts down alot in the winter, and if the river is up at all, sometimes the public landing shuts down for no apparent reason. The only ramp that is always open is in new richmond. We will just have to see what everyone wants to do.

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Keep me updated on the possible dates. I would be interested in attending but the timing might be off for me. I will let you know.

9. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Yea I definantly do man . Can't miss out on no fishing like that.

10. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Ok, the first tentative date I was looking at is Saturday November 22, actually the week before Thanksgiving. Let me know what you all think about that, I wouldn't think to many people would be traveling for the holiday that far ahead of time but who knows. Let me know guys..

11. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Tbull, that date would probably work for us, since the 15th is our clubs GMR tourney. And about the cold, my boat has a fully enclosed Bimini with rear/side curtains and a toasty warm catalytic heater so Ill be out there in style my friend. I was just saying that before it gets below freezing would be best, so late Nov would be perfect.

Salmonid

12. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    MAN THAT CLOSE TO GUN SEASON YOU GOT TO HOPE IT IS COLDER THAN SNOT. I LIKE BEING COLD..

13. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    sounds like a great time, but youth gun season is that weekend, and i cant miss that, my boy would have a cow. but i will be in that erea probably the week before, for a few days,..cuz a got the blues for some blues, but have a great time and be safe, catch some biggins :wink:

14. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I hope to have my boat set up with some curtains before too long, I got the top just have to make some curtains. Remember guys its a tentative date, I dont want to interfere with too many people's plans. I realize that everyone will not be attending just the way things go, if anyone has any other dates they want to throw out by all means go ahead, like to get as many people together as possible. If enough people think this date will work then we can go for it..:wink:

15. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Hey Travis:

Yeah I'd like to do something like that. Not sure what my work schedule is going to be like, but maybe with some advance notice, we could make it happen. I'd be happy to take some guys from Northern Ohio down with me, as I live in Lambertville, MI, just north of Toledo. That way, we could help minimize the cost of fuel. Let me know when you have in mind, and I'll see if it works for me.

ANDY

16. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    BTW, I just read further on the thread. I have to go to a wedding on Nov. 22. Would sometime in early december be too cold for you guys?

ANDY

17. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Doesn't matter to me, what does everyone think about Saturday December 6th?

18. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    FINE WITH ME FREEZER SHOULD BE FULL BY THEN, BESIDES I'M ALWAYS TIRED OF GUN HUNTING BY SATURDAY.

19. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I have gotten more yes's from that date than the November date, so as of now we will call it for Saturday December 6th....Come one come all!!!:smile2:

20. eric2006

eric2006 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I would like to do this, but no boat here untill next year. I think I could learn a few things from you guys. Good luck and lots of fun