Mini Meeting and Poker Tourney Today!

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    at ole jers house. Starts at 4. Be there or be square. I'll be picking your brains on what we can do to motivate the members a bit more in 2010. Bring your ideas.

Wouldn't hurt to bring some b lights either lol

Call my cell phone if you need directions to jer an Colleen

Cuz or Nanner
    314 853 4000

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Good luck John.

3. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Whooooo there!!! --Good luck John?????
    What a bout ole jer?

4. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well guys, I just had today's invisible monkey wrench thrown into the gears. Our littlest (Charlotte) has come down with some kind of crud and currently has a pretty high temperature.

My kind wife has told me to go ahead and continue with my poker plans but having been away for work two of the last three weeks I think I had better bail on the poker and help pick up the slack here on the home front. I hate to bail on you all but tis a fathers life...besides good deeds like this have a way of exponentially increasing kitchen passes on the down stream side of things.

The real chiter is that I have 6#s of REALLY good smelling party meatballs stewing away in the crock pot. They freeze well though so I'll get them into the vacuum machine and drag them out to the next Gateway event.

Sorry to bail day-of. I hate to do it...I know you all will have a blast though.

5. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I don't think I am going to make it afer all. Was really hoping my ear infection would be better after getting some sleep but it isn't. Have fun all.

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    My little man is up to a 103 temp. Any higher an he's goin to the hospital. I'm hit or miss Jer. Don't hold the deal for me. : ( if at all possible I'll be there.

7. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    man it sounds like some pretty nasty crud is going around.

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Well I certainly know he's in good hands if i leave, but Jack asked me to stay with him. I told Jack I really needed to go to this, and looked up to see the stare of death, Aka the stinkeye stare. I'm still trying. I hate he's sick an hate missn a function.

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Jack wanted McDonalds. Drive to Festus, pull into McDonalds. Jack doesn't want Mcdonalds now. He wants to go back home. Poor lil boogie. He jus starts crying. This fever has to break soon for him. Off to walgreens for a dehumidifier, children Tylenol, and some cough drops. If I can get him to sleep in the next hr or two I'll be over. If not, please accept my apologies for bailing out last second.

10. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I hope the little guy gets to feeling better.

11. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    75 miles one way is a fer' piece for me John, maybe we could try someting in 2010 that's somewhat more in the middle.

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Apologies to my Gateway Brothers an Sisters. Lil mans fever is pushn up towards 104. That's a lol too high for comfort. I have to hang here close in case we need to bail. Jerry, don't go all in on the first hand. It's not a wise move lol

13. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    I got a few members for 2010 ready to roll.
    Hope your boy gets better i know how ya feel...

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  14. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    You can't wait to long with that kind of temp., just a few hours of that can cause brain damage. Strart thinking about getting the lil' man to the ER or clinic.....hang in there, Kids are really tuff'

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    We got him down to 102 now. Prob going to be a long night. He has an appt mon morning at 10 with the doc. If he gets to 104 again we have to take him in.

16. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Wow! Just catching up, looks like everyone is under the weather. Nasty crap for sure. I can only hope that this is it for the season...otherwise it is going to be a long winter.

I hope poke night is going well.

17. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Sorry to hear that John... I went through that with two of mine a few weeks back... I hope the Jackman gets better soon

18. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    My poor lil boogie is hurtn bad. I feel so bad for him. You know they are hurtn when they won't even complain : ( thx for the well wishes. Well be watching him close all night.

19. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Hope your little guys get better soon. Best wishes!!!:0a30:

20. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Hope little Jackman is feeling better today.