Mini gathering in Rising Sun?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by SkiMax, Aug 16, 2009.

1. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Just wondering how many BOC brothers willbe fishing the big tourney in RS on Sept 12-13th. Thought maybe we could get together and grill out saturday night or something if there are enough people attending.

2. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    Hey Max i'll be there just filled out my entry form. It says there are about 50 teams signed up already. Boy did i wait to late or what. I'm still trying to find out a place to stay. Hope to see ya there.

3. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey max you gonna get that boat out and fish in the gathering? And i was talking to the prez just about six seconds ago and he and others were thinking of doing that saturday night.....not sure yet. and just to let all of you know. I spoke to the Rising Sun BP and Jay there said he will open at or before 4 am on those two days for any of the anglers needing gas or just anything you get at a gas station......they have exceptional breakfast sandwiches there. they normally dont open til 530 but made an exception with what was going on for those two days

4. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey kevin if you don mind primative camping the club is allowing guys to stay down at the gun club. we have a couple acre lot there with a building. the couches are first come first serve. if not you can pitch a tent

5. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    ill be there, count me in at least for a minute. At some point we will prob. have to go catch more bait though.

6. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    well im glad you can make it again this year. and im figuring you can count me in as well for about the first twenty mins. but you shouldnt have a problem catching shad. most of the creeks are stacked with them.....u still fish out of the pontoon?

7. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Flootie we put the pontoon away. It is way to slow and limits mobility. Also it is not limber enough. We will be fishing out of my deep v when I get it back together. Not nearly as pretty, nor as comfortable, but it does the job. I can run a long way on a tank of gas and also handles rough water much better. Steve now has a new boat that we call the white corn cob. That thing is nice to fish out of as well but it ssssuuuuuuuccccckkkkkks the fuel. It took us 19 gallons to go about 30 miles round trip. That thing is absolutely awsome though if you are going to fish close. He has made some changes on it since the first trip out with it though. It is a whole lot smoother on the waves now than it was the first trip.

8. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    Just got my trolling motor fixed. Bought a new pedal and it wouldn't work so had to drive a hour to get another one and now everything is ok. It seems like something is always terring up anymore. O-well i'll be there.

9. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN

We have exactly 56 boats to date pre-registered and well over a hundred fisherman so far so if your debating on fishing, get your entry form filled out and get it in the mail. Looks like we are going to draw alot more boats than last year. Ross

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  10. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey guys btw i found out last night at the meeting that on saturday after weigh in we are having something go on......we dont know exactly what yet but there will be food......and the reason i say that is cuz we havent decided if we are gonna cook or just buy.....lol

11. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    Well i finally got a room. I'll be staying at the andersons riviera Inn. Alittle pricy but it was the only thing i could find. Hopefully i'll see you there.