Mini gathering at Madision?

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by catfishcatcher, Jun 18, 2009.

1. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Was thinking about about a mini gathering on the ohio river at Madision. Just wanted to know if anyone was interested. I was thinking near the end of July or around the 1st of august. Hopefully the spawn will be over by then.

2. farbeyonddriven

farbeyonddriven New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'd like to go, I don't have a boat, how's the bank fishing in that area?

3. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    just set a date and time and ill seriously consider it. The weather killed the cannelton gathering

4. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana
    There is a big area all along the boat ramp up and down the river from there for bank fishing. im not sure how the fishing is from the bank but someone posted some pics back in the spring with several nice blues they caught from the bank. I have only fished this area once by boat and it was in the early spring. We caught a few fish but the water temp was very cold then. Madision is the closet point on the ohio river for me from here in muncie. Maybe we can have some of the bank fisherman buddy up with someone that has a spot in their boat. I will post a date later, but I am looking at least no earlier than mid july. I will keep every one posted. Thanks

5. carp46755

carp46755 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Set a date and we will try to make it. We like Madison

6. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Missed the Ohio and the Indiana Gatherings already this year and have been wanting to make it to one and meet some BOC members. I go to school in indiana 8 months out of the year so it would be good to meet fisherman over that way, plus Madison isnt that far of a trip from SW Ohio. Set a date and i will be seriously interested, only something drastic would keep me from coming. I have a boat, and if my buddy can not get off work i may be able to take 1 in it if we have a gathering. Post details and dates :big_smile:

7. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana
    Still working on a date and time guys. Work has been a little slow, so money is tight right now. Me and bigcatfish64 are going as soon as we get some cash together. I will keep you posted.

8. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana
    Me and bigcatfish64 are thinking about next Saturday evening on the 24th I think. Maybe getting down there around 6 to 7pm and fishing most of the night. I will let you know for sure sometime in middle to end of next week. I would like to possibly rent a room for one night but need to find a cheap one thats close to that area. It is around a two hour trip from here and not sure that I could drive back after fishing all night. Thanks.

9. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana
    Like I said it will be a mini gathering. No big cook outs or camp outs just a chance for some boc brothers meeting each other and do some fishing. I dont get many chances to fish the ohio river so meeting a few of you and fishing the river would be awesome.

10. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I would consider coming down. I like the area down river of madison.

11. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In

need to fill a seat on your boat?? in my kid days, i lived in madison, never fished the river there.. :embarassed: just let me know...

12. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana
    As of right now I will have two in my boat. I only have 16ft tracker and is hard to fish 3 out of it when on the ohio river due to anchoring off the front and fishing out the back. That is why I want a bigger and wider boat. Hopefully some of the other boc brothers that have a boat might need a partner. I will ask around and see what we can come up with.

13. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That message was meant for me, but I will prob have 2 in the boat with me as well. Hopefully we can get more to go than just the 2 boats.

14. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    yeah id like to get down there and fish.. if anyone is planning on going, and has an extra seat, let me know.. i could help with fuel costs, and whatever else... and im good at putting down my phone while watching a good movie, just to set the hook on a good fish for you while you catch some zzz's. then ill even be nice enough to let you reel it in. lmao.. :smile2:

15. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana
    Sorry about that. Evil fud here on the boc is suppose to have aboat by this weekend. Maybe we can get him to go and leave room in the boat for you. I will try to get a hold of him and have him contact you.

16. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I had to sleep in order to give you a chance to catch a fish. I realized early that your rods could not set a hook by themselves. So it was best for you that I sleep.lol That was as tired as I have been in a long time. Im trying to talk kevin into going down as well. I dont know for sure what I have going on next weekend yet. Dont know if my kids are going or if they are going to the family reunion. Im not this year.

17. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAA! I can't wait to get down there!

18. evilfud

evilfud New Member

State:
    IN
    Now that i have a boat i need to get out on the water to test it out. Get everything in order like titles etc. I will see what i can do about going to the Ohio next weekend and i dont mind if Kyle rides with me. This is my first boat and thats a big river so i do feel nervous about it lol.

Chris

19. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    thanks chris! ill send you a pm with my phone number. if you get everything ready to go, and it sounds like you will have, it should be a good time. the ohio river around madison is some pretty calm water most of the time. so unless we get like 4 ft of rain next week, you dont really have alot to worry about. since this is your first boat one thing to look at closely is indianas boating laws to make sure you have everything required http://www.usps.org/e_stuff/documents/in_boating_safety_requirements.pdf

20. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana
    Chris the big difference between the ohio river and here is the current and the barg traffic. The current can be quite strong at times. Sometimes a 6-8 oz weight is needed to keep your bait on the bottom. With the current you should never anchor the boat off sideways in the current as the current could flip the boat over. Always anchor off the front of the boat and in the direction of the current. The barge traffic can be hectic at times but if you anchor up around the edges of the river and saty out of the main channel you should be fine. If you need heavy lead weights me and doug can make some as we have been making our own. You will need at least a 3 to 5 oz I would say. Talk to you later.