Mini Gathering At Dillon Lake?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by jason454ci, Jul 24, 2007.

1. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Ok you Ohio catmen due to everyone getting their feathers ruffled lately over fishing spots it sounds like there is some interest in having a mini get together at Dillon. If you are interested in coming to fish, shoot the bull, or put no trespassing signs up around your favorite spot let me know. If there is enough interest we will get something put together for everyone to come out and have a good time. This would be more than likely just be a one day event.

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm afraid no one can fish at Dillon. That is me and Tony's privet place! Now if you all would like to fish Rollos part of the Muskingum near Ellis Lock, then you are welcome.:eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::smile2:lol

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i really enjoyed meeting everyone at the first one this year, definetely would be in for another one.

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thanks jack for inviting everyone but me to my honey spot lol..river sounds good as well. whatever everyone wants to do...i personally will fish the river esp. if we make it a one day/night event...rollo

5. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    The river also sounds good too. Ellis would probably be a good spot for a small get together. Just let me know what y'all think.

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Im interested but only if you show me some spots that are not yours :smile2:

7. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    A river outing sounds good to me... I have never fished the rivers for CATFISH so it would be a good learning experience for me. IMO:smile2:

8. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Jack, that is not your private spot. You don't even like to fish for channels and refuse to go every time I mention Dillon. And besides Dillon is a terrible place to catch channel cats unless you cast right next to structure near shore with 16 oz's of lead.

Y'all can have a river gathering but there is a fish advisory in the Coshocton area. I hear that most of the schooled fish have moved south to Myrtle Ellis Beach, Dam and Resort.

I wonder if I can buy back all the equipment I sold????

BTW there is a $5.00 launching fee if you launch off 146 in Dostie cove. It is not posted and because I won't let the rangers in, they tell everyone that it's public but it's not. I am exploring a class action suit.

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    are you done having fun yet? lol:smile2::wink:

10. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    Jason ,just let me know what you decide on and when,I will make it if at all possible

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    just stay in blacklick lol. there aren't any spots left, and the few that are will be previously posted for out of towners like you...hahaha rollo

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jason, pick a Saturday that suits us all, then we can meet for breakfast some where near, drive to the ramp, bs, catch bait, grill some food then go fish. Just make sure that it will be a sonny day and a warm night. And please make sure that the water conditions are favorable for a good flathead bite! this last is imperative! :wink:

13. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sounds good to me, only thing I got going on is gathering at CJ in August.

14. kory

kory New Member

State:
    Fairfield, Ohio
    ya, i'm with tea, as long as it isn't the 17th, then i'll try my best to make it. I have a job interview friday, being a poor college student can't last, so depending on my schedule, i'll try and make it

15. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    I am in. I want to bring captain culver and his cousin todd....let us know!

16. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    also...i have little experience in the local rivers so if you guys want to do some teaching it would be much appreciated.....plus hooking into a fat flatty would rule.

ben

17. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm game Jason, just keep me posted!

18. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    What do you all think of dates? In august the 4th and the 25th would work the best for me. Both are on saturdays. Let me know which one would work for you guys.

19. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I can probably make the 4th or the 25th. I'm looking forward to showing you all up again.:big_smile: Does anyone object to a September date? It would give us a little more time to plan and the late season bite should be on by then.

20. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    25th would be better for me. I have fambly from CA coming in this next weekend.....:crazy: