Mingo Junction Launch Ramp 7-26-08

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by cheezemm2, Jul 24, 2008.

1. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Is anyone going to be in the area on the Ohio on Saturday? I may be taking the yak out and like to know if people are going to be around. Also, I read a story about a gas leak in the area. Has this affected the fishing, launch ramp, or roads in the immediate area?

Thanks for your help guys...I'm also flying blind on bait. Taking some worms just in case I can't find any white bass to cut up!:cool2:

2. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    :smile2:
    i am not from your area but thought i could help out on the bait thing in my waters i like to use the blue gills and 3-6 inch carp for flatheads and use cut white perch for channels depending on the time i go out goldfish work well also i cant say i favor the gold fish very much tho hope this helps..GOOD LUCK TO YA..:smile2::smile2:....

3. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    This is the story I was concerned about...I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to go down there and catch on fire a la Cuyahoga style! I would feel like an ant and the Ohio would be the magnifying glass. I also didn't want to drive 2 hours to witness a significant fish kill. That would put me in a bad mood first for the pollution, second for the lack o fishing!

http://www.wtov9.com/news/16929304/detail.html

Anyone have some real time reports! Also, thank you for the PM's Baitkiller, more than helpful as always!

4. catfishbrett

catfishbrett New Member

State:
    Steubenville,Ohio
    i have been fishing the mingo ramp the last 3 weeks and have caught a few nice channels from there. i have not fished it since the gas leak just because i havent had time this week yet. once you get to the mouth of mingo head up the river to the first warm water discharge just past the train bridge if the shad and other bait fish are still in there the gas shouldn't have done to much,as they are the frst it would effect as it happend right up from there.